Transportation from Cabins at Ft Wilderness questions

Paigevon

Starchild~☆
I have never been to Disney as an adult and have never had to figure out transportation. Yay for growing up! I will have my car, but I'd prefer to ride it as little as possible because heavy traffic stresses me out. I don't mind utilizing Uber or Lyft when it's advisable.

Here are my plethora of questions....

1) From Cabin to 7:15 pm ADR at Whispering Canyon Cafe and back to cabin. Is there a shuttle, bus, should we drive?

2) From Cabin to 8:15 am ADR at CRT -- should I take a car to increase the likelihood we make it on time/decrease waiting, or would finding parking etc cancel it out, would Uber be worth it? When should we leave by?

3) How far (distance/time) is P and J's Southern Takeout (formerly Trail's End To-Go or something) from the cabins? Is there transportation between the Cabins and there? I believe it is part of a different resort area.

4) How long would it take to get to Mama Melrose for 3:40 pm ADR at HS from the cabins?

5) Disney Springs day. Best way to get from Cabins to DS for brunch at Earl of Sandwich and 12 pm BBB reservations? Parade at 2 pm, hoping to ride in the hot air balloon, and then make it to 1900 PF for 5:25 pm ADR. Furthermore, my MIL and FIL will be arriving that evening and we will need to go straight back to get them signed in as a day (night) guest at the cabin. Would driving from cabin to DS to GF back to cabin be the best method here?

Thank you so much for all and any assistance!

Last edited:
1) From Cabin to 7:15 pm ADR at Whispering Canyon Cafe and back to cabin. Is there a shuttle, bus, should we drive?
You can take the shuttle bus to the Settlement, and then transfer to either the shuttle bus or boat to WL. The boat is a nice ride, but it's a short walk from the Settlement Depot to the Marina Dock, and another 5 minute walk from the WL boat dock to the lobby.
2) From Cabin to 8:15 am ADR at CRT -- should I take a car to increase the likelihood we make it on time/decrease waiting, or would finding parking etc cancel it out, would Uber be worth it? When should we leave by?
If MK opens at 9, boats to MK will not be running in time to get you there. You could take shuttle bus to Settlement, and then boat to CR (which starts earlier), and then walk 10 minutes to MK entrance. Altogether, allow 90 minutes.

I think taxis are not allowed to pick you up at the cabin; you need to take the shuttle bus to Outpost to meet them. I assume it's the same for Uber. And then they cannot drop you at MK, so you would need to get dropped at CR and take the walk.

Not sure about time by car. I figure a 15 minute drive to MK lot (you have to make a big circle), 10 minutes to park and walk to the monorail station, and 20 minutes to wait for and ride the monorail (you'll probably have to ride the Resort Line at that hour.) So allowing walking thru the park and arriving 15 minutes early, about 75 minutes total (somebody back me up on that.)
3) How far (distance/time) is P and J's Southern Takeout (formerly Trail's End To-Go or something) from the cabins? Is there transportation between the Cabins and there? I believe it is part of a different resort area.
Not close, but walkable. Probably 3/4 mi. to a mile, depending on your cabin location (unless you get really lucky and are given one of the 2 or 3 VIP cabins.) Shuttle bus to the Settlement stops right at it; buses run about every 12 minutes and it's about a 10 minute ride.
4) How long would it take to get to Mama Melrose for 3:40 pm ADR at HS from the cabins?
Allow 90 minutes. For DS & all parks except MK, you need to take the shuttle bus to Outpost (or drive your golf cart) and transfer to the bus to your destination. Shuttle buses run about every 12 minutes; park buses run about every 20 minutes. For MK, you take the shuttle to the Settlement and transfer to the boat.
5) Disney Springs day. Best way to get from Cabins to DS for brunch at Earl of Sandwich and 12 pm BBB reservations? Parade at 2 pm, hoping to ride in the hot air balloon, and then make it to 1900 PF for 5:25 pm ADR. Furthermore, my MIL and FIL will be arriving that evening and we will need to go straight back to get them signed in as a day (night) guest at the cabin. Would driving from cabin to DS to GF back to cabin be the best method here?
Shuttle bus to Outpost, then transfer to DS bus. You can take bus from DS direct to GF; allow at least an hour, 75 minutes would be better. From GF, monorail to MK, boat to FtW, then shuttle bus to Outpost where the check-in is located.

Driving might be worthwhile here; at that hour you'll have no trouble getting into the DS garage, and you'll be travelling opposite to the heaviest traffic leaving DS towards GF in the afternoon. As you approach DS from Bonnet Creek Pkwy, watch for the ramp on the right to the garage, just by the TL entrance.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter