Transportation from Amtrack station to WDW

A

adisneynut

I know you can rent a car from Hertz, However 1 day rentals are running 51.00 to 70.80. Anyone ever take a Taxi? If so how much?

Book a Towncar. Fl Tours sponsors this board so you might want to contact them first to see if they'll pick up at the Orlando Amtrak Station since it's not listed on their rate chart. If they won't service Amtrak Florida Towncar and Happy Limo do.

I did check up some private cars services and we can get a 7 passenger SUV for about 145 roundtrip pluz tip. To me it is worth it not to have to rent and return a car.

3 miles by taxi costs $8.00.

Amtrack station Orlando to WDW would run you about $35.00 one way, on a taxi meter, and that may be high. I would suggest you contact one of the car services on the net and used $40.00 as a guideline to get to Disney. They do have taxis waiting on the trains in Orlando. If you used a taxi have them use their meter and go directly west to Kaley to I-4 to Disney. If there is a yellow cab (Mears Transportation) in the taxi line I would suggest you walk over and use that company. Vans and sedan charge the same rate.

$145.00 roundtrip from Amtrack. Orlando, to WDW is outrageous. You didn't check enough SUV companies because a normal rate would be $80.00 to $100.00 roundtrip. It is about the same distance to WDW from Amtrack as it is from the airport.

Have you considered taking the train to the Kissimmee station instead? There should be no price difference, and while it's not particularly close to Walt Disney World either, it's MUCH closer than the Orlando station!
Amtrak's Kissimmee station is $33.75/16 miles to the Magic Kingdom
Amtrak's Orlando station is $43.75/21 miles to the Magic Kingdom
http://www.mearstransportation.com/TaxiFareEstimator.asp
Note that these are estimates ONLY and do not include traffic time (e.g. heavy traffic, traffic lights, accidents, etc)

Also take into account the estimates are to the Magic Kingdom. Most Disney Hotels are closer than the Magic Kingdom from Orlando or Kissimmee, a difference of about $5.00 to $12.00 depending on the hotel.

Edd said:
$145.00 roundtrip from Amtrack. Orlando, to WDW is outrageous. You didn't check enough SUV companies because a normal rate would be $80.00 to $100.00 roundtrip. It is about the same distance to WDW from Amtrack as it is from the airport.

Which companies are you refer to at this rate? When I did a search all I came up with were limo companies and I don't need that.

Thanks!

Keep the Limousine out of your seach, Use taxis, vans, transportation, MCO.

I did find 3 services that would transfer us form Orlando Amtrak station to out CSR for 95.00-105.00 roundtrip plus tip.

aaataxilimo- 100.00 for a van
floridiatowncar- 105.00
orlandoride- 100.00 5-7 passenger van

adisneynut said:
I did find 3 services that would transfer us form Orlando Amtrak station to out CSR for 95.00-105.00 roundtrip plus tip.

aaataxilimo- 100.00 for a van
floridiatowncar- 105.00
orlandoride- 100.00 5-7 passenger van

We are using SEJAC
They will monitor your train arrival in the event it is late (and it will be).
About $50 each way from Kissimmee to AKL
http://www.sejactransportation.com/sejac_2_004.htm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter