Transportation from All Stars?

cwnhokie

DIS Veteran
We just booked a trip in May for 6 nights at ASMusic. It will be me (6 months pregnant) DH, DS6 and DS4. How easy or how much of a pain is it to go back and forth from the hotel to the parks or other resorts to eat, etc. I'm thinking we or just me may need a break from time to time. Our other choice is to use my dad's timeshare and rent a car, then we might not spend as much time in the parks, maybe more time hanging out at the resort.

We had no problem getting back and forth. The busses were not crowded at all during the day, and the a/c was sooo nice, better than getting in a hot car.

Bus rides are quite short from the ALL Stars according to PassPorter.com

All Star Buses-CBR buses---POPbuses--PO buses--- Contemporary
MK 20 min---- 20 min-----25 min------10 min---20 min(mono)
Epcot 10 min-- 15 min-----20 min------10 min---15 min
MGM 10 min----12 min-----15 min------15 min---20min
AK 10 min------20min-------15 min----15 min---20 min
DTD 15 min----20 min------20 min-----15 min---35 min

It only takes 10 minutes to get to Epcot, MGM and AK from All Stars.
MK is 20 min away. That's the same amount of time it takes on the monorail from the Contemporary.

A WORD ABOUT BUS SHARING

To me Bus Sharing at the All Stars is really a non issue.

In the mornings during Park opening hours each All Star usually has a dedicated bus.
During mid day it is usually just our stop and maybe one more on the way to the parks. On the way back sometimes it is all 3 but often Sports and Music share and Movies has it's own bus back. Each of the All Stars usually has it's own dedicated bus back from the MK.
That is a big plus. It seems like the Music bus stop usually has the shortest of the three All Star bus lines.

I guess some people who stay at POP see all 3 All Star names on the return sign of our bus stop when they head to the POP bus stop and think All Stars also has 3 stops on the way to the park.
(Even when we stop at another AS resort to load up it has not taken more than 5 minutes and we are on our way!)

Have fun at Disney!:wizard:

Thanks so much, we were really considering changing our plans, because we don't want to spend all day on buses. This time we will be traveling without strollers. We will probably rent them, so we won't have to worry about getting them on and off the buses, we will be pretty much hands free for this trip. Our next trip it will be back to the diaper bag and stroller again.

no problem- it may be a little crowded going back to your resort late at night. we always just wait for the next bus to come along, it usually comes fast.

We were at the Sports Friday-Sunday this past week and the 4 of us only got to sit down twice. The buses were packed every time except Friday morning going to MGM.

When we stayed at ASmovies, the busses were fine, the sharing wasn't too bad. At the end of the night, there were a few times where we started the trip standing, but after the first stop, we got to sit.

I must say the All Star busses are a pain in the butt. If your not near the front of the line, you will be standing! :crowded: Although, you are pregnant and people should offer you their seat. Notice I said should. Most of the time the busses are shared between all three All Star resorts. I'm not sure how the crowds are in May, as I have not been there during that time for awhile. Depends on the crowds I suppose. But I would not change resorts just because of their bus system. The All Stars are great resorts. Oh and congratulations!pixiedust:

We have stayed at All Stars twice and will never stay there again (I know, never say never.)

The busses were one of the worst parts of the experience for us.
Mind you, we always go in the summer, and the busses were so crowded! At the end of a long day all you want to do is go back to the room. It takes forever.

That being said, your kids won't notice, so if you can deal, it'll be okay.

If it's value you are after, it's value you'll get.

Good Luck and do not let it ruin your trip!

How bad could it be after all, you are in DISNEY! :thumbsup2

We stayed at Sports and did not have any problems with the buses. But keep in mind we went in January and the crowds were very low everywhere. This may have had a lot to do with it. But don't let the bus situation worry you about your trip. You'll be at Disney in warm weather, who cares about the buses!! Have a wonderful vacation!party:

I agree, I woudlnt avoid the All Stars because of the buses, I loved the hotel. People were nice & let me sit down with my 2 year old and for my 5 year old to sit down.

Thank you! We are still trying to decide between All Stars and a timeshare. If we do the timeshare we will probably spend less time in the parks and more time hanging out at the resort. DH likes the idea of All Stars and not having to hassle with a car and our luggage and everything. I have to make a decision within the next couple days so I can take care of my dining, that is bugging me to death right now.

All Star Music is being refurbished.
At the present time The Calypso and Jazz buildings are finished and the other buildings are slated to be finished by June 2007.
-------------------------------------------

Another DIS member posted some photos of a newly refurbished room she stayed at in the Jazz building.

She had new furniture, new carpeting, new wallpaper, and a tan and baby blue bedspread.

From this thread:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1139297

AdventurerKat said:
Here are some pics from the redone rooms. Please excuse the lived in look and the three year old.

ASMubathroom.jpg

ASMuTable.jpg

ASMuheadboardtoo.jpg

ASMuheadboard.jpg

ASMuDresser.jpg

ASMuBed.jpg
------------------------------------

All Star Music is my favorite resort. It tends to be the quietest of all the values.

Here is a map of sports and music:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/allstarmap.htm
Scroll down. All Star Music is at the bottom of the page.

Here is the map of Movies:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/allstarmovie.JPG

---------------------------------------------------------

DH and I enjoy the landscaping and peacefulness of All Star Music.
We enjoy relaxing by the pool (there are plenty of chairs and lounges), and the beautiful lighting at the resort by night.

I have never had the unfortunate experience of running into the any of the large
groups of teens who sometimes stay at the values on school trips.
As long as you can avoid those large groups I do not think Noise will be an issue.

*HINT if you close your bathroom door at night you might not even hear the turbo toilets.
I close my bathroom door and I don't hear them.
------------------------------------

I love The All Star Resorts.

I am 56 years old and travel several times a year. I often stay at 4 star hotels.
So the deluxe and mod resorts are just another hotel/motel to me.
All Star is like being in the heart of the Magic and that is where I want to be.

All Star Music is my favorite. It is quieter because more couples stay there. I love staying at the Calypso building. It is closer to the pool, food court and bus stop.

Here is a site with a map of All Star Sports and All Star Music.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/allstarmap.htm
Scroll down. All Star Music is at the bottom of the page.
The Calypso buildings at All Star Music are #1 and #10 are nearest to the food court and bus stop.

The Calypso pool at ASMu has Donald Duck.

The buses are wonderful.

Bus rides are quite short from the ALL Stars according to PassPorter.com

All Star Buses-CBR buses---POPbuses--PO buses--- Contemporary
MK 20 min---- 20 min-----25 min------10 min---20 min(mono)
Epcot 10 min-- 15 min-----20 min------10 min---15 min
MGM 10 min----12 min-----15 min------15 min---20min
AK 10 min------20min-------15 min----15 min---20 min
DTD 15 min----20 min------20 min-----15 min---35 min

It only takes 10 minutes to get to Epcot, MGM and AK from All Stars.
MK is 20 min away. That's the same amount of time it takes on the monorail from the Contemporary.

A WORD ABOUT BUS SHARING

To me Bus Sharing at the All Stars is really a non issue.

In the mornings during Park opening hours each All Star usually has a dedicated bus.
During mid day it is usually just our stop and maybe one more on the way to the parks. On the way back sometimes it is all 3 but often Sports and Music share and Movies has it's own bus back. Each of the All Stars usually has it's own dedicated bus back from the MK.
That is a big plus. It seems like the Music bus stop usually has the shortest of the three All Star bus lines.

I guess some people who stay at POP see all 3 All Star names on the return sign of our bus stop when they head to the POP bus stop and think All Stars also has 3 stops on the way to the park.
(Even when we stop at another AS resort to load up it has not taken more than 5 minutes and we are on our way!)

The pools at The All Stars are very kid friendly.

When staying at the All Stars you can use any of the All Star pools.That means 3 main pools ,3 quiet pools and 3 kiddie pools to chose from.

The All Star Movie Fantasia pool has Mickey.

The Calypso pool at ASMU has Donald Duck.

And the Surfs up pool at All Star Sports has giant surf boards.

Here are a few pool photos.

astar3.jpg

All Star Sports pool.

allstar-music2_lg.jpg

All Star Music Donald pool.

asmv20.jpg

All Star Movies Mickey Pool.

I have visited WDW more than a dozen times with the 1st time in Oct. 1971. It was brand new. I've stayed at FW, Disney Inn, a few the of Hotels on hotel Blvd., CBR and the towers at the Contemporary. I got to see the MK from my balcony at the Contemporary and I'm happy I got to experience it once. I just prefer the All Star Resorts.
The theming is pure Disney.
My last 5 visits have been at The All Stars and last fall when we took dd,dsil, and our grandson age 3 for 8 nights we stayed at the All Stars Music. I thought about AKL and even though we can well afford AKL I just wanted Alex to experience the Disney Magic :wizard: at the All Stars on his first visit.
Where else can one find Donald Duck or Mickey Mouse at the pool?

Have a great time at Disney wherever you choose to stay!

Transport from AS resorts were horrid, but stayed in pop last year and it was great

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter