Transportation Costs

SnowPeas

Planning Stage 1
Can anyone tell me how much the bus, monorail, water taxi etc are if you have to pay OoP because you are not staying onsite?

TIA!!! :goodvibes

Can anyone tell me how much the bus, monorail, water taxi etc are if you have to pay OoP because you are not staying onsite?

ZERO cost to anyone.

Disney Transportation is offered at no cost to anybody who visits WDW.

If you are talking the Disney transportation within Disney property, then the answer is free. Free for all guests. Guests include people visiting the parks, not just those staying on site.

No charge :cool1: Transportation within the WDW resort (which includes all of the hotels, the parks, and DTD) is free for any guest!

ZERO cost to anyone.

Disney Transportation is offered at no cost to anybody who visits WDW.

Nuh uh! REALLY? :dance3:

So wait...but then...how about the buses from DTD to the parks. Are those free too?

There are no direct buses from DTD to the parks. You have to go from DTD to a resort, and from the resorts to the parks.

Oh! Well...then...is THAT free? And so I could take the bus to, say, Poly, and then use that as a hub to get to/from Magic Kingdom, for example?

Man! :disrocks:

I don't know what I would do without you people. YOU'RE AMAZING!!! :grouphug:

Oh! Well...then...is THAT free? And so I could take the bus to, say, Poly, and then use that as a hub to get to/from Magic Kingdom, for example?

Man! :disrocks:

I don't know what I would do without you people. YOU'RE AMAZING!!! :grouphug:

Yes, you can. When I've done it that way (out of necessity) I grab the first resort bus that comes and then use it as a jumping off point. If you're going to MK try and snag a Contemporary bus and walk to the park. Likewise, if you're going to Epcot, grab a Beach Club/Yacht club bus and then walk to the International Gateway

If you're going to have a rental car, I would suggest just driving and eating the cost of parking- it'll save you at least an hour, if not more, each way in time.

You can absolutely take a bus from Downdown Disney to a resort, and change there to go to a park. This costs nothing whatsoever.

It will take up at least an hour of your time, however (both ways). To me, the $14 parking fee is worth paying, but to each their own.

Just so you know......your not allowed to park in DTD and go to the parks for the day.t, but they don't really check............and besided it not worth the time you would lose..the buses from DTD start late in the morning the the time to like the poly and then wait for the monrial.........is not worth the time you will lose going to the parks.

AKK

Just so you know......your not allowed to park in DTD and go to the parks for the day.t, but they don't really check............and besided it not worth the time you would lose..the buses from DTD start late in the morning the the time to like the poly and then wait for the monrial.........is not worth the time you will lose going to the parks.

AKK

Actually, it's not against the rules to park at DTD to go to the parks (vs it being against the rules at the resorts). They just make it inconvenient to do so

Actually, it's not against the rules to park at DTD to go to the parks.

Oh, that's where you and I must part company on this, in a big way! ;)

Parking at DTD and then leaving for the parks is not proper parking procedure.

Man...I thought this was a serious topic for a second. Didn't realize it was yet another "how can I get away with not paying for parking" thread.

Oh, that's where you and I must part company on this, in a big way! ;)

Parking at DTD and then leaving for the parks is not proper parking procedure.

Disney doesn't prohibit their guests from parking at DTD in order to visit the theme parks, whereas at the resorts there are parking guards who will tell you this is not allowed. As a matter of fact, they can ticket, tow, or boot you if you park at the resorts to go to the theme parks.

DTD is a public access parking lot for a myriad of stores, including non-disney-owned businesses. It's not very practical to park at DTD to go to the parks, but it is not forbidden. Disney doesn't make it easy to utilize this workaround, but they won't prohibit you from doing it either.

Sure, parking at DTD could save "a bundle" on parking for a 7 day trip ($105). But it also means that on average, you spend an additional 8-10 hours on the buses during that vacation. That's AN ENTIRE PARK OPERATING DAY plus some spent on a bus. I'd much rather spend the $100 and have an "extra" Disney Day

Man...I thought this was a serious topic for a second. Didn't realize it was yet another "how can I get away with not paying for parking" thread.

I hadn't intended on it being. Seems as if people assume, based on previous interactions with some folks, that this is the likely angle.

I won't be renting a car for our Disney days, so this was a legitimate "how can I get to the parks from off-site" thread.

Hope that restores your faith a bit. :goodvibes

Instead of parking at DTD to go to a resort and then to a park, why don't you pay the 1 time parking fee of $14. If you have the hopper pass and decide to hop to a park, then you won't have to bother paying the parking fee again, just show your receipt to the parking attendant and they will wave you through. Same goes when you leave the park to go back to your resort and then come back to the same park, you won't have to pay the fee again. Just budget in $14 a day for how many days you will be going to the parks rather than parking somewhere else and risk getting your car being towed....they may not check now at DTD, but it doesn't mean that they won't start checking in the future. Just some food for thought :goodvibes.

Actually, it's not against the rules to park at DTD to go to the parks (vs it being against the rules at the resorts). They just make it inconvenient to do so

Well I totally disagree.it is againist the rules.but you are intitled to your opinion........

They are also stsarting to tow when illegaly parked.........

AKK

I hadn't intended on it being. Seems as if people assume, based on previous interactions with some folks, that this is the likely angle.

I won't be renting a car for our Disney days, so this was a legitimate "how can I get to the parks from off-site" thread.

Hope that restores your faith a bit. :goodvibes

I don't think the OP is trying to get out of paying the parking fee (since they won't have a car).

OP where are you staying? Is your hotel a downtown Disney hotel?

1 trip I wanted to add a day to my trip and could not get a room, where I wanted, for that night. We stayed 1 night at a DTD hotel.

We wanted to go to MK just for the parade and fireworks that night. We first walked across to DTD, shopped and ate then took a bus to a resort and then to the MK for the parade and fireworks.

Took a long time but we got on the bus in plenty of time for the things we wanted to do that night.

The DTD partner hotels do have bus service to the parks also. Don't know what the schedule is like for the hotels, since we were only there for the 1 night before moving on site.

Oh and Welcome to the DIS SnowPeas!

Instead of parking at DTD to go to a resort and then to a park, why don't you pay the 1 time parking fee of $14. If you have the hopper pass and decide to hop to a park, then you won't have to bother paying the parking fee again, just show your receipt to the parking attendant and they will wave you through. Same goes when you leave the park to go back to your resort and then come back to the same park, you won't have to pay the fee again. Just budget in $14 a day for how many days you will be going to the parks rather than parking somewhere else and risk getting your car being towed....they may not check now at DTD, but it doesn't mean that they won't start checking in the future. Just some food for thought :goodvibes.

Oh yes! I completely agree. Plus, getting around the system to save $100 bucks on my 10K vacation, seems a bit petty to me, to be frank. Not to mention the inconvience of driving, parking, busing, busing, parking...it's just all too much.

Besides, as mentioned, I won't have a car for Disney days while I'm there. It'll be taxi or buses for us! So while I agree, this doesn't really apply to me, specifically. But thank you for posting so that others reading can think about that, too! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter