Transportation ??: Can you go from MCO to WDW to PORT back to MCO using the DCL bus?

You can't really get into the terminal much before 10am, sometimes 10:30, so do a map quest and see where the hotel is. The R-A-C info is up in the FAQ sticky (as mentioned prior) at the top of the board. You have to be on board by 4pm, so you won't need to rush at all.

I just have to say thanks to all who contributed to this thread. I just found it and the situations and advice fit our May 2011 trip plans perfectly and I'm so glad I found this.

Three of us are coming into MCO, taking DME to WDW, staying there 3 nights, taking DCL bus to the port for the 7 night cruise and then taking DCL bus back to MCO to leave for home.

This thread convinced me to use DME and book the DCL transfers for ease of luggage transfer/magical feeling etc. Our 3 person group won't save much by getting a rental car (and I don't want the hassle of renting/returning it etc).

So, when I book the DCL bus transfers, I'll need to tell them that I want one from WDW to the port and one from the Port back to MCO? Is that $69 or double?

Also, what time does the DCL bus get to MCO? I haven't booked our flights yet and want to make sure I have the right time to leave and don't miss the plane.

This is why I love disboards.. For all the help. My DD works for Marriott and the closest one with the discount is Fairfield Kennedy space center. Is that too far too drive the next morning? Where do you drop off the cars? Where do you find the prices for the rental cars and which are the best ones?

The Kennedy Space Center is not that far too drive to the port. I'd do it!

What we did...
We took DME from MCO to our resort.
Then from resort to port we took a town car... It was great. WE wouldn't have gotten from the resort to the port until afternoon is what I was told. Thats when the resort buses get to the port.
But we got there around 11:00 and that way we got to get on board a bit sooner. LOVED it.
With 4 of us, it was about a wash as far as getting a town car, but it was very nice
Then we took the towncar back to the resorts for 2 days. On the way back to the resorts, the driver of the towncar said he could take us back when we wanted. But I wanted to do the free DME... Well, when our flight was at 7:00 AM so they would pick us up at 3:30 :scared1:.. I decided to call the town car now place, and they picked us up at 5:15... MUCH better.
I know it was more, but being a west coaster and being down waiting for the bus at 3:45, was just a bit too early for me.

Anyone have any information about where the DCL bus would pick you up if staying at the Tree House Villas at SSR?

Just wondering if the buses come to the area where the Tree House Villas are or if we will have to get ourselves over to the main area of the resort.

I'm guessing, from what I read here, that either way, our luggage will still be picked up at the Tree House Villas. Wouldnt want to have to drag that with us, if we had to go to the main resort area, in the hot Fl sun.

TIA,

Karen

The airline does matter. Currently, Southwest does not participate with DCL onboard airline check in. So you would have to go to the airport and do the whole check-in. You will have to deal with your baggage the whole way too, including gathering baggage at the port, bringing it to the bus (there are porters that will help, should be tipped) and collecting it off the bus to turn over to a skycap or bring to SW check-in counter.

And keep in mind that while you can use Southwest's Early Bird check in feature, you can't hand over your luggage at the airport until 4 hours before your flight; whether you use a skycap or go to the counter. If you make good time from port via DCL transport and have an afternoon flight, you will have to sit around with all your bags until that 4 hour window.
I did the OP's plan when I cruised in February. While I enjoyed my pre-cruise stay at the Beach Club, I'm seriously considering making my WDW add-on a POST-cruise item next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter