Transportation Assistance Please - Skyliner

kathi

DIS Veteran
We are WDW veterans, but are not familiar with the new Skyliner system (we are DVC). I'm helping a friend who is going TOMORROW to WDW for the FIRST TIME with her 8 year old son. She seems to have everything she needs booked, but is fuzzy on transportation. I'm looking at the Skyliner route map and I feel like it's likely to be more efficient to take the bus to Studios. Thoughts? How about getting back to Animation from Epcot? Thanks!!

If she is staying at AoA, the Skyliner can be incredibly convenient to get to/from Epcot (though it drops you off at the International Gateway at the back of the World Showcase, rather than the front of the park) and Hollywood Studios. Since there isn't usually much of a wait for the Skyliner, even though you have to transfer at Caribbean Beach, it's still usually faster to take the Skyliner than to wait for a bus and then ride it.

If she is staying at AoA, the Skyliner can be incredibly convenient to get to/from Epcot (though it drops you off at the International Gateway at the back of the World Showcase, rather than the front of the park) and Hollywood Studios. Since there isn't usually much of a wait for the Skyliner, even though you have to transfer at Caribbean Beach, it's still usually faster to take the Skyliner than to wait for a bus and then ride it.
Not to hijack the thread, but just wanted to expand on this. What's the typical time it takes to ride the Skyliner to Epcot or DHS? I usually allow an hour when I need to bus, should I do the same for the Skyliner? Staying at AOA. Thanks!

Not to hijack the thread, but just wanted to expand on this. What's the typical time it takes to ride the Skyliner to Epcot or DHS? I usually allow an hour when I need to bus, should I do the same for the Skyliner? Staying at AOA. Thanks!
The longest trip is Caribbean Beach to Epcot because the line first slows down and turns in the Riviera station, then also slows down at the turn station a little later.
AOA to Epcot, including the transfer at Caribbean Beach, shouldn’t be more than 30 minutes including wait time at Caribbean Beach.
AOA to DHS, also including the transfer at Caribbean Beach, is a much shorter route. Shouldn’t be more than 20 minutes total.

I just returned from Pop Century which shares its station with AoA. I did not go to HS but my trips.to and from Epcot were only about 20 minutes including transfer. I did ride during slower times and had no wait though.

Important note is that this week the Skyliner hours are limited. They were not starting until the afternoon and the HS line was not going to be running at all for a few days.

I do have to say that I really enjoyed the skyliner, even with a mild fear of heights. It was very relaxing and you are guaranteed a seat which is nice after a long day.

Important note is that this week the Skyliner hours are limited. They were not starting until the afternoon and the HS line was not going to be running at all for a few days.

Is that related to the accident? Any idea how long the limited hours are supposed to last?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter