Transportation and hotel suggestion pre cruise?

DisneyWife2015

scmom08
This is the first cruise I'm taking with my three kids. We're flying in Sunday evening and need a hotel that night before we sail out on Monday. We're flying into MCO. What transportation would you suggest to get to a hotel near the port? I'm thinking Uber will be the cheapest. And which hotel would you recommend? I'm hoping for one with a free shuttle to the port and perhaps free breakfast but I may be pushing my luck...

We actually stay at the Holiday Inn Disney springs area since we like to fly in early and spend some time there before the cruise. I don't really like the hotels near the port since they are 'meh' and overpriced. The airport hotel (Hyatt?) is convenient if you are flying in late and want the convenience. If you really want to stay at the port, we've stayed at the Country Inn and Suites and it was 'ok'. Breakfast was included but it was a pretty bad breakfast, and they had shuttles to the port. I don't suggest getting the shuttle back from the port to the airport though since it was chaos.

As far as transportation goes, we use Uber since it's pretty cost effective compared to other means. It's about $100 to the port from the airport for an XL (van). We head to the port the morning of the cruise.

Actually, I've mentioned this before but I'll say it again here, we've met a driver that we use now each time we cruise and he's been fantastic. Always on time and brings us to the port and picks us up when we get back. He did mention that the port authority has now started charging fees for pick up so I'm not sure if he'll keep doing it but if you want his number contact me over messages and I can provide it.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn on Gateway Village. There are two Hampton Inn’s right accross the highway from one another, so just be aware. The room was great and very clean. They had a free shuttle to and from the airport, however we ended up taking an Uber for $7. They also participate in a fly, sleep, cruise program and both Go Port and the CoCo Beach shuttles came by to pick up guests.

That particular Hampton Inn has a number of restaurant’s in the same parking lot, all within walking distance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter