Transportation after Hoop Dee Doo

Debbru

DIS Veteran
I remember years ago there would be bus runs to all resorts after the Hoop Dee Doo. Is this still happening now that the HDD has returned?

I don’t ever remember the bus taking us back to the resort. (Unless you are staying at Wilderness Lodge. There is a bus that goes there) We have always driven or taken transportation back to a park and hopping on a bus. Luckily we usually are staying at the Fort so it hasn’t been much of an issue.

This was going back many years - guess I’m showing my age! I think it may have only been after the last show, but I clearly remember the busses lining up right there at that bus stop.

This was going back many years - guess I’m showing my age! I think it may have only been after the last show, but I clearly remember the busses lining up right there at that bus stop.

I remember seeing that too (because I was staying in 100 loop close by).

I think that indeed may have only been after the last show, though, because for the two earlier shows people could transport themselves back the same way they got there. For example, say someone was in MK all day and came over on the boat to HDDR. They would return to MK after and then bus or TTC/car to their hotel. But when the parks have a 9pm close (or AK earlier) those buses from the parks start to get pretty thin.

When are you going to HDDR? This is a question I've not seen an answer about since the shows resumed.

Bama Ed

I remember years ago there would be bus runs to all resorts after the Hoop Dee Doo. Is this still happening now that the HDD has returned?
They are running a bus to Magic Kingdom from the Settlement bus stop where you can transfer to your resort bus. That is a little easier than taking the MK boat from Ft Wilderness, since that requires going through bag check and a longer walk.

Bama Ed,
We’re staying in a cabin & going to the HDDR on 12/14 but we’ll be with friends who need to return to OKW after the show. Was just trying to find the easiest way for them to get “home”.
Thanks for letting me know my memories aren’t crazy!
Roll Tide 😀

Bama Ed,
We’re staying in a cabin & going to the HDDR on 12/14 but we’ll be with friends who need to return to OKW after the show. Was just trying to find the easiest way for them to get “home”.
Thanks for letting me know my memories aren’t crazy!
Roll Tide 😀

Well I'll be there for 2 weeks at Thanksgiving so if you don't get an answer before then, I'll give you the answer.

Bama Ed

Got checked in today at the Fort. DIdn't make it over to HDDR today and they don't run on Monday and Tuesday.

But I have not forgotten. Later this week....

Bama Ed

How's does the AP discounts and bookings work for Hoop Dee Doo? I'll be making a reservation soon, for 6 guests. 5 are attached to my campsite reservation, 5 are AP holders, one is not an AP nor attached to my reservation.

How's does the AP discounts and bookings work for Hoop Dee Doo? I'll be making a reservation soon, for 6 guests. 5 are attached to my campsite reservation, 5 are AP holders, one is not an AP nor attached to my reservation.

What I recall (and I'm retired but still not old - yet) is that you book everyone full price and on the day of the show when you come to Pioneer Hall, the HDDR host is out front before the show. You validate with him/her your discount status for any guests and they give you a refund for the discount amount.

If I am wrong, someone can correct me. But I believe it's a 2 step process. Secure the reservation for all at full price, then come back and get the discount taken off for those that qualify.

You'll want to verify that but IIRC that's how it works.

Bama Ed

PS - but hey, it occurs to me :confused3 I'll wander over there Wednesday and just ask. It's less than a football field away from my campsite currently.

Last edited:

@wdw_dine_junkie,

I went by the 4pm HDDR show and asked your question. Here is the answer I was giving by the Host Proprietor (the guy whipping the crowd into a frenzy before they entered).

- You should be able to get the AP discount as you are booking. He said there is a way to click/indicate/validate AP eligibility for the discount and get said discount along with the reservation all in one fell swoop.

- The second option is to book full price and then, prior to the start of HDDR on the day of the show, visit, the Concierge Windows to the left of Pioneer Hall/HDDR just past the bathrooms which are next to PH to validate a discount and get a credit.

Debbru, waiting for the 8pm show soon to go investigate tonight and ask for the answer to your transportation question.

Bama Ed

Thank you Ed!

Okay @Debbru here is the answer I was given by 3 CM's standing outside HDDR tonight.

There are three transportation options for the late show (same as the previous 2 shows each night).

A. Boat back to MK and then bus to your resort. I pushed back a little on this answer and they assured me that the busses leaving MK will still be operating to get everyone back where they belong. Since this happens 4 times a week every week, I have no reason to doubt them.

B. Take an internal Fort bus from the Settlement Bus Depot to the Outpost Bus Depot up at the Checkin area (can use any color bus line to get to Outpost: Yellow, Orange, Purple) and take a ride share service such as Lyft or Uber or taxi to their resort. Those carriers have to pick up passengers up at the Checkin area.

C. Arrange for a Minnie Van at the end of the show to pick them up at the Settlement Bus Depot (backside of it) to take you back to your resort.

Those are the options arranged in least- to most-expensive. There are no special provisions for the late show. It has the same provisions the 4pm and 615pm show has.

Have fun!

Bama ED

@wdw_dine_junkie,

I went by the 4pm HDDR show and asked your question. Here is the answer I was giving by the Host Proprietor (the guy whipping the crowd into a frenzy before they entered).

- You should be able to get the AP discount as you are booking. He said there is a way to click/indicate/validate AP eligibility for the discount and get said discount along with the reservation all in one fell swoop.

- The second option is to book full price and then, prior to the start of HDDR on the day of the show, visit, the Concierge Windows to the left of Pioneer Hall/HDDR just past the bathrooms which are next to PH to validate a discount and get a credit.

Debbru, waiting for the 8pm show soon to go investigate tonight and ask for the answer to your transportation question.

Bama Ed

Thanks! I'll report back next week when reservations open if I was able to do it at time of purchase or not. Seems too good to be true for Disney IT :oops:

Okay @Debbru here is the answer I was given by 3 CM's standing outside HDDR tonight.

There are three transportation options for the late show (same as the previous 2 shows each night).

A. Boat back to MK and then bus to your resort. I pushed back a little on this answer and they assured me that the busses leaving MK will still be operating to get everyone back where they belong. Since this happens 4 times a week every week, I have no reason to doubt them.

B. Take an internal Fort bus from the Settlement Bus Depot to the Outpost Bus Depot up at the Checkin area (can use any color bus line to get to Outpost: Yellow, Orange, Purple) and take a ride share service such as Lyft or Uber or taxi to their resort. Those carriers have to pick up passengers up at the Checkin area.

C. Arrange for a Minnie Van at the end of the show to pick them up at the Settlement Bus Depot (backside of it) to take you back to your resort.

Those are the options arranged in least- to most-expensive. There are no special provisions for the late show. It has the same provisions the 4pm and 615pm show has.

Have fun!

Bama ED
Isn’t there also a bus that goes back to MK or is that just in case of bad weather? And a bus that goes WL?

Isn’t there also a bus that goes back to MK or is that just in case of bad weather? And a bus that goes WL?

Normally during the day there is an express bus between the Settlement Bus Depot and the Magic Kingdom in both directions mornings and evenings. During the mid-day portions it also stops both ways at Wilderness Lodge, I was told.

There is also a bus from the Fort internal routes that will go to Wilderness Lodge. And leave Wilderness Lodge to return to the Settlement Bus Depot and then resume an internal Fort route. Both the MK bus and WL bus run every day (not just as a backup to the boat if the weather is bad).

At Settlement, just look for a bus that has "Wilderness Lodge" on its header. Likewise, at Wilderness Lodge, there is a bus parking position (pull-in) for a Fort Wilderness destined bus which will say "Fort Wilderness" on its header as well.

Bama Ed

Have fun!

Bama ED
Thank you so much!!!

Went last week. We had to take a boat to MK and get either bus, monorail or boat back from there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter