• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Transportation advice needed!

abmama

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone,

My husband and I as well as our 2 kids (age 3 and 1) are coming to WDW for the first time and staying at the Caribbean beach resort April 2013. We are flying from Canada and arrive at MCO at 11:15pm on April 15. We have a reservation for the caribbean resort for that night. We are staying at WDW until April 20, then we are heading to Port Canaveral for a 7 night cruise with DCL. Here is the questions I have:

1) Will the ME run late at night? We arrive in Orlando at 11:15pm-I have no idea what time we will actually get to WDW and am wondering if we can catch the ME that late!

2) We need to pick up supplies, like Diapers, etc as we don't want to check an extra bag full of diapers on our flight. Is there any buses out of WDW that can take us to a grocery store? We also want to buy some supplies before our cruise (wine, diapers, snacks, etc).

We have considered renting a car, but since we are staying at WDW and then heading straight to the Port, it seems like such a hassle, especially since we have to rent car seats. I've only been to Disneyland before, which I'm told pales in comparison to WDW with regards to size. We would be open to taking a taxi to get groceries, if the distance isn't too far and the cost is reasonable.

Any advice? This seems to be too complicated just to get diapers and wine! :confused3:headache:

gardengrocer.com will delivery groceries to your room. I have not used them, but others have and as I recall they have a good reputation.

I thinks Goodings does too; but I have found their prices more expensive than buying at the "markets" in the resorts.

Depending on how much you want to buy, for diapers and some wine and a couple other things, the increased cost on buying at the market in the resort might not equal the $12 delivery fee from garden grocer.

Depending on your extra bag fee, ($25 - $35?) I would just pack the extra bag with what you want. Look at it this way, it will give you an empty bag to bring home your souvenirs!

One of you could also do a one day car rental. Rates at Dollar - right near DTD for 4/16 are $40. YOu could take bus from SSR to DTD, walk to Dollar, get the car. Later in the day, maybe while the kids napped, one of you could then head to walmart, back to the resort to unload, and then return the car.
FYI - THe walmart that is close is a super walmart with groceries and beer and wine.

DME runs 24/7. Baggage handling stops between 10pm and 7am (ish). So, yes, you'll be able to get on a bus late in the evening.
As far as groceries/supplies go, I would use either www.gardengrocer.com or www.wegoshop.com
Both are good grocery supply companies. Yes, they charge a fee to deliver...usually about $15 or so, but that's cheaper than a rental car or cab!!! They will deliver right to your resort, and you should be able to get anything you need.

Make sure you have a reservation for DME. You'll also need to get your bags from the luggage carousel and bring them to the bus with you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter