Transport time from WL to parks?

Yellow Sub

Earning My Ears
We're staying at WL in January. We've never been there. How long will it take Disney transportation to get us to MK, AK, Epcot, and DHS from WL? I assume the boat is the best way to go to MK. Is the monorail the best way to get to Epcot? We have two preschoolers, so a fun trip is sometimes better than a short trip.

Thanks.

We're back from an August trip - the buses were never crowded. We did share a bus in the AM with Grand Floridan on all parks. We found the bus to MK was quicker than the boat. We left around 8AM every morning and got to rope drop in plenty of time at all 4 parks. The longest ride is AK. Several mornings we were the only family on the bus to the parks :confused3 We took the monorail back from Epcot just for the fun of it.

The monorail is the longer way - except for a fun ride, as gillenki experienced :teeth:. You'd need to first get to the Magic Kingdom, then take the monorail or ferry to the TTC, then board the monorail to Epcot... or you could just take a bus pretty much directly to Epcot with, as she said, one potential stop.

You cannot take the monorail from EPCOT to WL. The EPCOT monorail only goes to the TTC. There's no direct way to get to the TTC from WL, so that's a lot of wasted time just to get on the monorail.

As for bus times, allow 15-30 minutes to get from WL to any park except for MK. That factors in wait times and travel times.

There is a direct bus from WL to MK, which is faster than the boat probably. But we like the boat ride from WL to MK, even though it takes us about 20-30 minutes including wait time.

If you really want to ride the monorail, just ride around the resort loop one day before or after your day at MK. Get off at MK and go into the park or take the boat back to WL.

Can you not get the boat to CR, monorail to TTC, then onto the Epcot monorail there??

Can you not get the boat to CR, monorail to TTC, then onto the Epcot monorail there??

Yes, you could do this. But why? That is an awful lot of time waiting on modes of transportation (3 different legs), just to get to EPCOT, when a direct bus from WL will get you there in about 1/3 to 1/4 the time.

I think the OP just wanted to ride the monorail at some point, and the monorail going from MK-TTC or the resort loops are much quicker to get to from WL and serve the same function for those who just wish to ride the monorail as the EPCOT one does.

I would allow 15-30 minutes as well, AK and HS took a long time. Sometimes we waited for buses for 25 minutes or so. The boats took awhile but we usually did not wait as long for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter