Transport Bewtween MGM & EPCOT

jjcm

This work thing gets in my way of a life of holida
Hi there

We've got limited time and our party is divided, so some will go to EPCOT for the day whilst DS and I will go to MGM first and do the 2 main rides then later on we'd like to go to EPCOT.

How easy is the Disney Bus service? Can anyone use it, even if you're not staying at the Disney Resorts? Is it a case of checking with Guest Services for the times and then waiting for the correct one?

Any advice would be great, thanks.
Ju:dance3:

You can also take a boat from DHS to Epcot. The boat takes you to the back entrance of Epcot in the middle of world showcase. It isn't the fastest way, but the boat was already there and we would have had to wait for a bus, and with the line that was waiting, we would have had to wait for at least 2 buses.

Anybody can use the bus service.

From the Studio, you would exit and go straight ahead to the Disney Bus area. The direct Epcot bus is either Stop #3 or Stop #7 (I forget which, but it is marked). This will go to the Epcot Front GAte.

However, if you would like to go in to the International Gateway (which enters World Showcase between UK and France) after ou go through the Security are stay to your left an you can take a boat.

The boats and the buses both run about every 20 minutes. Unlike offsite transportation, which is on a schedule, all the Disney buses between parks and resorts run at about a 20 minute schedule (except at park closing when they are continuous).

unless a boat is waiting or visibly on the way, walking is faster.

Walking is the fastest but may be a bit far for some people. I often take long walks so the walk makes sense for me but for others it would be too much to add to an already long day of walking. I would guess it is over a mile from MGM to the front of EPCOT.

Thanks guys. Just to check, the walking way - is there a pathway? I remember there's main roads which criss cross around the parks, are these avoidable?

If we caught the bus, if it was there when we arrived, how long does it take (very approximately) 1/2 hour, or more?

Thanks again

Thanks guys. Just to check, the walking way - is there a pathway? I remember there's main roads which criss cross around the parks, are these avoidable?

If we caught the bus, if it was there when we arrived, how long does it take (very approximately) 1/2 hour, or more?

Thanks again

The walkway between DHS and Epcot has no road crossings.

Bus ride takes under 15 minutes (closer to 10 mins.), once it's underway.

The walking and the Friendship to the Int'l Gateway will take 25-30 minutes, once underway (assuming you can walk briskly and continuously for 25-30 minutes.)

The bus method will put you at Epcot's front gate (FW) and
the Int'l. Gateway will put you between UK and France in WS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter