Transparency Questions

MICKEY M0USE

DVC Member
I have not been here in a long while due to a killer case of scrapper block, but I'm back scrapping our latest Disney vacation and had a question about transparencies. Please forgive me if this has already been discussed. I saw them in a few magazines and thought they looked like a really neat. Can you print on them with an ink jet printer? I have looked for them at JoAnn's but can't find them. I don't have a LSS close by. Are the ones they sell at an office supply store safe? Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks!:wave2:

Hi! By transparencies do you mean the things you use with an overhead projector, like in a classroom, or giving a presentation at work? Or, am I totally clueless and this is some scrapbooking thing I've never heard of?

Anyway, if you're talking about transparancies for an overhead projector, you can buy them at an office supply store like Staples. I have never seen them at a craft store. They make ones specifically for inkjet printers. One side of the plastic sheet has a coating on it and you print on that side. They are easy to make and come out beautiful. You can design your "slide" in any program, just pick transparancy as the paper type when you print.

I hope I answered your question and am not just lost.

Lisa

I have seen them in magazines on layouts, with stuff printed on them, laid over photos and pages, so it looks like the text was printed directly on the photograph. I hope I explained that properly. I was wondering if the ones in the office supply stores were acid free and safe to use or if they made special scrapbooking ones. I was just wondering if anyone had used them and what their experience was.

Thanks Lisa!

You can get transparencies at the office supply store for inkjet printers (yes, the kind you use on overhead projectors) but you have to be careful. Some brands are safe for scrapbooking, some aren't. The only brand I can remember off the top of my head that ARE safe for scrapbooking is the Office Depot brand.

sorry to butt in- just found this board & i'm in heaven! LOL but anyhow i have used transparencies too because i dont live near any stores that carry all the neat stuff -- it works out well with regular pages- but 12x12s come out kind of strange cuz i've yet to find a 12x12 transparency. good luck!
betsy

I was going to buy some a couple of weeks ago . They are very pricey yuck !!!!!!!!!! I am sure I will break down but for now Yuck tooo mucccch money$$$$$$$ !pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter