TRANSPACIFIC CRUISES 2023 - 2024

We sent our request into our TA. Sydney to Hawaii. We plan on flying to Hawaii for 2 nights, then continue on down to Sydney. Just to break up the flight and ease into the time change. Once back in Hawaii fly home.
We're looking at the same. Wish we didn't have to take the kids out of school, but experiences together are worth it.

I'm terribly jealous of anyone who gets to do one of these. I'll still be in graduate school so not a chance of getting that many days off. Can't wait to read all the trip reports.

I’d love the Honolulu-Sydney-Honolulu for a 28-night cruise…but that will have to wait. I hope this run is successful so they repeat it in the future.

I would love to do one of these but they are not at good times for me to take a month off work, because I'd want to spend time in Hawaii and Australia on either end of the cruise after traveling all that way.

I’m dreading the flights to get there from Orlando but once we ars there it will be amazing. 😂❤️

Jet lag flying west is easy. It's the return trip flying east that will be a problem. Make sure you budget recovery days at home. Don't expect to go to work the next day after your return flight.

-Paul

Jet lag flying west is easy. It's the return trip flying east that will be a problem. Make sure you budget recovery days at home. Don't expect to go to work the next day after your return flight.

-Paul
That's true to a point, but you'll often run into trouble when you cross the international date line. For example, flights from Boston to Sydney take to leave mid-afternoon (1:00pm-5:00pm) and arrive very early in the morning (6:30am-8:00am). The total travel time is something like 22-24 hours. That's a very, very long day if you can't sleep on the plane.

We would be coming from California, looking at the 15-day embarking from Sydney. Any recommended airlines?

Hawaiian looks like a good price for one way. There are also some that fly nonstop from CA to Sydney if you want that route.

Sorry, forgot to mention that we are closer to SFO, so maybe we can catch the international flight out of there.

We would be coming from California, looking at the 15-day embarking from Sydney. Any recommended airlines?
For these long haul flights, you might want to consider airlines for loyalty reasons too. You will earn a significant number of miles and status credits, which might translate into a free/cheap domestic flight or an upgrade later. United has its hub in SFO, for example, and that might move the needle.

I really like the Boeing 787's for the cabin pressure. And yes, much easier flying "with the sun". I flew from LAX to MEL, went to bed early the first night and was really good to go after that. The date line doesn't really make much difference for jet lag.

At the moment it's 8PM in LA and 1 PM (but a day ahead) in Sydney so that's just really a 7 hour difference, if that makes sense?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter