Transformers movie - is it as bad as they say?

Yes, he will like it. I (and my DS 17) were a little disappointed in the language and suggestiveness of this one compared to the first one, but the special effects were amazing. We just felt a little funny sitting there with some of the goings-on with a theatre full of 9-12 year olds. Some unnecessary stuff, in our opinion.

I don't know if it was all the reviews I read beforehand about the language, but it did bother me. Especially when seeing kids 5 and under. My husband actually complained about the crotch shots. He would have loved them, except you are speaking of a movie that one of the very first credits is for Hasbro. It just wasn't necessary for all of it to be in the movie.

Other than that, we did enjoy the movie. Visually fantastic, especially on the Imax screen.

$200 Million in Five Days, Again the Public speaks and the critics eat crow. Maybe will be one of the additional five for the Oscars

LOL, my DD and her boyfriend (and several of their friends) went to see this. On the ride home I asked 'em if they liked it, and before DD could say anything BF says "yeah!". I could almost HEAR my DD's eyes roll, and she said "it's great if you're a nerd." We all laughed, because I'm married to a self-proclaimed nerd, and BF is proud to say he's also a nerd.

$200 Million in Five Days, Again the Public speaks and the critics eat crow. Maybe will be one of the additional five for the Oscars

Just because a movie makes alot of money does not make it a good one. Some of that $200 million came out of my own pocket and I thought it was horrendous(Spelling??) I know several people who contributed to that $200 million and thought it was awful as well. Actually I have yet to meet someone in person who liked it. You could hear the grumblings from the audience though as we left the theatre and I was glad I was not the only one who thought it sucked. This movie made Twilight look like an Oscar contender.

It was a summer popcorn movie. No less, no more. It was light on story, heavy of special effects and explosions. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Is it a cinematic masterpiece that'll be shown at Cannes? Not in the least, but take it for what it is and you will enjoy it! popcorn::

My family really really enjoyed it. My youngest just turned 7, my oldest is 13.

There was a lot of swearing and sexual content but as I posted somewhere else 99.99% of it went right over his head and that of his older brothers...

It's truly a summer action flick that rates up there with all those other blockbuster summer action flicks in the minimal plot, lots of explosions interesting effects genre.

Definitely not The Piano, but then again, that's not what I went there even remotely expecting to watch.

Me , DH and DS11 saw it last night- LOVED IT! full of action from start to finish and leaves and opening for another one in the future.
I don't know why you wouldn't like it if you like the first.. Our Audience applauded at the end. the graphic are good. Language wasn't horrible and I too could do without the crotch shot part but pg13 you get what you get...

My family really really enjoyed it. My youngest just turned 7, my oldest is 13.

There was a lot of swearing and sexual content but as I posted somewhere else 99.99% of it went right over his head and that of his older brothers...

It's truly a summer action flick that rates up there with all those other blockbuster summer action flicks in the minimal plot, lots of explosions interesting effects genre.

Definitely not The Piano, but then again, that's not what I went there even remotely expecting to watch.

Yup my DS 6 1/2 all the questionable content went over his head. He just loved the robots & the action. Did I know it was pg13 yup but I don't remember the last one being so suggestive. Do I regret taking DS, not really he loved the special effects & robots & explosions. He understands it's all make believe & I've explained acting & pretending & he understands that. Geez he loves ghost stories & scary movies & doesn't even flinch. My Dh hates ghost stories so it's hilarious when my DS puts on cartoon network's new series "Othersiders" & the 42 adult male walks out of the room while the 6 year old kid screams in glee :rotfl:

It absolutely topped the first one especially in special effects and the wow factor. I fell asleep during the first one (didn't even see it in theaters), but was on my toes the whole time during the second one. The language is really terrible and wouldn't take a young child for that reason alone.

It is going to be shown at our IMAX theater in a few weeks and I am going to see it again then, because that can only make it better, and we saw it on the "Big Screen" at the regualr local theater.

I NEVER pay full price to see a movie and usually wait until they comne out on DVD or BluRay to see them, but this one was worth full price, all the noise, the family that kept crawling across us and the cheering teens at the back of the theater.

Suzanne

Just because a movie makes alot of money does not make it a good one. Some of that $200 million came out of my own pocket and I thought it was horrendous(Spelling??) I know several people who contributed to that $200 million and thought it was awful as well. Actually I have yet to meet someone in person who liked it. You could hear the grumblings from the audience though as we left the theatre and I was glad I was not the only one who thought it sucked. This movie made Twilight look like an Oscar contender.

Everbody at the show we attended applauded and cheered at the end. Dh and I are hoping for a 3rd.

Suzanne

I was surprised by the bad language... from pluggedinonline.com about it - they missed the use of p***y....

We hear a bunch of barely disguised f-word variants, including "freaking," "frigging," "frick" and "eff" (as in "what the eff?"), as well as one interrupted exclamation of "mother—." "Pork" is also used as a suggestive stand-in for the f-word. Other profanity includes about 10 s-words and 15 or so misuses of God's name. We also hear about 25 uses combined of "d--n," "a--hole," "b--ch," "h---" and the British profanity "b-llocks."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter