Transfers to Cabana Bay

tinkerone

DIS Veteran
I'm looking for anyone who has had experience with taking an Uber from the airport to Cabana Bay. I thought I had read some where that Uber was not allowed to pick up at the airport but then I read they could.
If you have done this I would love it if you could share information with me. What was the fee, did you have to book a specific category Uber, how long is the drive? Are there other transportation options I should know about?
We usually stay at WDW when we only have one night, so easy with them picking up our luggage and free transportation however we have annual passes right now so it might be a good option depending on how much work there is to it.
Thanks for any information.

I don't have any personal experience, but I was looking up this same thing last week. Uber used to not be able to pick up at MCO but now they can, but only UberSELECT and SELECT XL. You can google "uber orlando airport pickup" and their website should be the first result. It gives you all the info and you can even get price estimates. I'm most likely going to use them when I go down in April. Hope this was helpful!

I don't have any personal experience, but I was looking up this same thing last week. Uber used to not be able to pick up at MCO but now they can, but only UberSELECT and SELECT XL. You can google "uber orlando airport pickup" and their website should be the first result. It gives you all the info and you can even get price estimates. I'm most likely going to use them when I go down in April. Hope this was helpful!
Thank you for the suggestion. Looks like it will be anywhere from $48 to $70 for an Uber from the airport. What I may look into is taking magical express to WDW and then taking an Uber from there. That cost us $15 last time we did tf from pop to Cabana Bay.
I'll have to think about this......

That's what I did my last solo trip - stayed at Pop first (took DME there) then Lyft to Cabana Bay and Lyft to the airport. Was surprised how cheap it was to get to the airport on a Friday evening during rush hour - not much more than the trip from Pop to CBBR.

I moved the pin off the airport property until Uber x was on the list. Then I messaged her driver that we were in the Hyatt turnaround. Cost us $35 on a Sunday evening. Only cost $16 back on a Thursday morning.

I moved the pin off the airport property until Uber x was on the list. Then I messaged her driver that we were in the Hyatt turnaround. Cost us $35 on a Sunday evening. Only cost $16 back on a Thursday morning.
Whats the Hyatt turnaround?

Where people can get picked up at the Hyatt that's there inside of the airport.
Interesting, thank you. Not to sound to dumb but where would that be? I thought the entrance to the Hyatt was through the airport itself. Sorry if that is a silly question, your information is really very helpful and this might be another way for me to do it.

Interesting, thank you. Not to sound to dumb but where would that be? I thought the entrance to the Hyatt was through the airport itself. Sorry if that is a silly question, your information is really very helpful and this might be another way for me to do it.
You just go from the airport into the Hyatt. The pick up area/ turnaround is just down a level from there. As a total newbie, I had no trouble figuring it out on the fly.
However, our Uber driver was pretty useless and did get lost. We wound up receiving our ride at the departure area. It worked out in the end but not sure it was worth the $15 savings over a regular taxi.

Uber Black & Select are available to pick up at the airport. The pick up is behind the rental car counters & was about $50 to RPR, but varies based on time/demand/etc. Back to the airport was only $14.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter