• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Transferring Points

Mike&Kris

Mouseketeer
Can someone please explain how the transferring points process works. My brother is also a DVC member and instead of booking seperate rooms we would like to book a two bedroom and split the points. He does not have enough points to cover the room alone so I would have to transfer him the points before he can make the reservation. How long does it take the transfer to occur? Is it a complocated process? If we have to change for some reason could I get the points transferred back?

Any info from someone who has made a transfer before would be appreciated.

Thanks.

The transfer process is fairly simple, though I've never done it. If you are looking at tranferring points into your brother's account you would call MS and tell them you want to transfer "blank" points into his account number. Some even do this on a conference call.

Your second point, if something were to happen the points can not be tranferred back. Transferring is a one shot deal. An owner can do it once, whether in or out, in a UY. So by tranferring points to you brother you both would not be able to do it again until your next UY.

Transfered points retain their UY Month and Home Resort. Banked points can not be transfered, but transfered points can be banked.

Is the transfer instant? Or do you have to wait a certain amount of time before the transferred points can be used?

An easier way to make this reservation would be for each of you to reserve half of the dates and then have MS link the two reservations together.

Transferring can be done and the points could be used as soon as the points are in the account, but it is an irreversible transaction and it is also an extra step for a trip like this when the joint reservation can be made easily with the points you already have available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter