Transferring Ownership

You can…the thread linked above tells you how to do it yourself. But many of us have used a title company to handle..it costs more, but if you are not comfortable trying on your own, that is the way to go.

I requested a quote from 3 different title companies to add my daughter to my deed. LT Transfers gave me the best quote, $285. Magic Vacation Travel was $499 and Mason Title was $455.

I'm definitely inclined to go with LT Transfers, any reason I shouldn't??

I requested a quote from 3 different title companies to add my daughter to my deed. LT Transfers gave me the best quote, $285. Magic Vacation Travel was $499 and Mason Title was $455.

I'm definitely inclined to go with LT Transfers, any reason I shouldn't??
I can't think of any. Our family has had multiple gratuitous transfers handled by them, for DVC as well as other timeshares, efficiently and cost-effectively and without problems --well, LT Transfers didn't cause any problems, the other timeshare companies did, but LT Transfers handled those very efficiently too. They're very responsive to questions and very helpful.

DVCMember has a section to address Deeds and Contracts in
Frequently Asked Questions :

D975F4EA-00FA-4AF5-9D6D-E177CBA696A2.png

Was it as simple as just a call?
You removed your husbands name before divorce and added yourself?
Sorry, it's more than just a call.

First the deed needs to be amended, changing the list of owners, and the deed needs to be filed with the correct governmental agency (Orange Co. FL, if a WDW resort, different place if VB, DHHIR, AUL, VGC).

Once the new deed has been filed, then a copy of the new deed needs to be sent to DVC along with a form giving the new owner's contact information and certifying that no money or anything of value was paid for the ownership.

Then DVC will change their records, and the new owner will get access to the member website, etc.

Edited to add - that's why we used LT Transfers, https://www.lttransfers.com/, to do it. Many others have done it themselves, however, without any problems.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter