• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Transferring an OBB when Opening Day arrives.

DynamicDisneyDuo

DIS Veteran
Never had to deal with an OBB in the past but now I am. When 2014 is released, what is the best way to transfer an OBB to a new reservation that day? Should I call the CC number and wait to talk to a human? Can it be done by changing the date in the reservation on DCL's site?

OK, in fairness, I do it by calling or e-mailing my TA in advance so they know what I want and they'll take care of it for me. Many TAs will offer this service.

From what I've read (NO personal experience) people don't have a lot of luck with changing on board bookings on line (the computer tends to give them the regular price without the 10% off). I would suggest calling and talking with a live person.

I dont't have much experience either but I agree with PP. I have tried changing my OBB in dcl's site for a week, and am not getting a discount (it's only $49 less than if I booked straight up new reservation) and I can't pick a room, even though they are available. I think it's a good idea to call to do it, to make sure you are getting exactly what you want.

In the past I've been able to successfully modify/refare an onboard booking by modifying the reservation, changing itinerary, and before confirming the change modifying the reservation to the itinerary I want. Now I'm seeing a price drop on the 11C for one of my cruises and it's not reflecting the refare no matter what I do. I tried using the reservation I want to modify and I tried going into it with a dummy reservation I have. It's still not working. The OBB can have date/itinerary changes, right? I know it will fall under the new OBC levels, but I thought the 10% discount remained.

In the past I've been able to successfully modify/refare an onboard booking by modifying the reservation, changing itinerary, and before confirming the change modifying the reservation to the itinerary I want. Now I'm seeing a price drop on the 11C for one of my cruises and it's not reflecting the refare no matter what I do. I tried using the reservation I want to modify and I tried going into it with a dummy reservation I have. It's still not working. The OBB can have date/itinerary changes, right? I know it will fall under the new OBC levels, but I thought the 10% discount remained.

The 10% should remain.....the DCL site can be so wacky...call them directly.

MJ

Last year on opening day I tried to change my sail date online. I would get all the way to entering my payment for the additional deposit (since my new cruise was more than my dummy date...which is almost always the case) and the site would freeze up on me. After 30 minutes and numerous tries (watching the price creep up), I finally called. I got through, but they couldn't make changes to my reservation because it was locked up still from what I had tried to do online. They kept telling me to call back in 30 minutes. It took at least an hour before my reservation was available to modify over the phone (they said it should have been 20-30 minutes, but that wasn't my experience that day). So...NEVER AGAIN! I will always call on opening day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter