• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Transferred DCL reservation from cash basis to DVC points issue

bill'sdj

Mouseketeer
I had unbankable and holding points in my DVC account and contacted DVC to see if I could transfer my existing DCL reservation to use those points. The transfer was completed and a refund will be issued for funds already paid. The next day I received a confirmation email from DCL showing correct guest information, Voyage Fare; Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses; Ground Transfers; Total Due; Balance Due: all As Agreed.
FINAL PAYMENT: $699.98 - Due Date/Time: 18-July-2022 11:59 PM. If payments are not received by due date, reservation will automatically cancel the next day and applicable cancellation fees will be assessed.

I have had conversations with DVC and DCL CMs, all of whom have tried to be helpful and reached out to their support teams. I also received a call from a DCL supervisor who was unable to help. My reservation is one of three that were booked for a family cruise. The other two show PAID on the website. My reservation tells me to COMPLETE YOUR RESERVATION and to contact my travel professional with questions. According to DCL I still have a balance due. When I call either DVC or DCL the CM contacts the other department and nothing gets resolved. This is a very important cruise for us, does anyone have a suggestion?

Has the refund already been issued?
If it was supposed to be points + cash to cover maybe they refunded the full amount and you have to pay the cash amt separately

I was told the DVC points paid everything in full with the exception of the transfer of insurance coverage from DCL to DVC, which I paid at that time (aside from the initial refund amount). I have a rather large refund going back to my credit card consisting of all funds paid minus the ground transfers. Neither DVC nor DCL can give me an explanation or allow me to pay the amount to clear the reservation from it's current status. They have contacted each other and neither accepting responsibility or offering a solution because they don't understand where it is coming from. Both DVC and DCL told me that they escalated it to their accounting departments, but I still have no resolution. As each day gets closer to automatic cancel I get more and more anxious. My stateroom is situated between my two children's staterooms and losing it would be devestating to say the least.

Are you traveling as a single in the middle room?
Maybe the price difference was not factored because a single travels as a full fare … creating a balance due on your billing.
Or maybe they think you are a party of two and a balance is still due. Have you asked them for a more complete breakdown of all
the charges and fees and taxes, etc?
This would be driving me beyond crazy.
Hope it works out and soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter