Transfer Reservation??

AngryPineapple

Earning My Ears
Hello All,

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place but I need some help. I recently received a code and I'm trying to apply it to our reservation that we booked through a TA. Needless to say, she's been a real pill through this process starting from day 1. I've had to keep on top of all the promotions to make sure we've gotten then best deal. The biggest issue of all is that I've asked for a break down of our balance and she has not been able to provide that for me. I'm extremely frustrated and would love it if I could just transfer my reservation over to Disney and just handle things myself. Does anyone know if this is even possible or am I stuck?

Thanks.

Hello All,

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place but I need some help. I recently received a code and I'm trying to apply it to our reservation that we booked through a TA. Needless to say, she's been a real pill through this process starting from day 1. I've had to keep on top of all the promotions to make sure we've gotten then best deal. The biggest issue of all is that I've asked for a break down of our balance and she has not been able to provide that for me. I'm extremely frustrated and would love it if I could just transfer my reservation over to Disney and just handle things myself. Does anyone know if this is even possible or am I stuck?

Thanks.

You're not going to be able to transfer your reservation from the TA but there's nothing stopping you from calling Disney, booking a whole new reservation with your code and then cancelling the reservation you currently have with your TA. Honestly, if she's already being a "pill" to deal with, I wouldn't keep my reservation with her but that's just me. Good luck!

You CAN actually transfer you reservation to Disney. There's a specific form you have to fill out.

However, if you're asking for a breakdown of your package, Disney will not provide that either, so it's not necessarily the TAs fault.

Call Disney and advise them you'd like to remove your reservation from the TA and they'll get you what you need.

You CAN actually transfer you reservation to Disney. There's a specific form you have to fill out.

However, if you're asking for a breakdown of your package, Disney will not provide that either, so it's not necessarily the TAs fault.

Call Disney and advise them you'd like to remove your reservation from the TA and they'll get you what you need.

Is this something new? I only ask because one of my reservations last year was booked thru a TA and when I inquired about transferring my reservation with them over to another promotion on my own, Disney said they couldn't do it and that I would have to go thru the TA and it would be at their discretion. When I mentioned it to the TA that had it at the time, she refused to let me transfer so I ended up cancelling with her all together and rebooking on my own.

Is this something new? I only ask because one of my reservations last year was booked thru a TA and when I inquired about transferring my reservation with them over to another promotion on my own, Disney said they couldn't do it and that I would have to go thru the TA and it would be at their discretion. When I mentioned it to the TA that had it at the time, she refused to let me transfer so I ended up cancelling with her all together and rebooking on my own.

They were doing this last year, but I don't think it was new.

Your post confused me though. Were you trying to change promotions only? Because that does need to go through the TA.

They were doing this last year, but I don't think it was new.

Your post confused me though. Were you trying to change promotions only? Because that does need to go through the TA.

Yes, I wanted to change promotions and take over the reservation myself because I wasn't thrilled with the service I was receiving from the TA. At that point, I called Disney to inquire about doing this and that's when they told me they couldn't transfer my reservation. They said I had to go thru my TA and transferring would be solely at their discretion. Of couse, once I reached out to the TA, she refused to transfer the reservation leaving me no choice but then to cancel all together and do it on my own. I will only use a TA now when I know I can't get a better deal myself...that was my lesson learned!

Yes, I wanted to change promotions and take over the reservation myself because I wasn't thrilled with the service I was receiving from the TA. At that point, I called Disney to inquire about doing this and that's when they told me they couldn't transfer my reservation. They said I had to go thru my TA and transferring would be solely at their discretion. Of couse, once I reached out to the TA, she refused to transfer the reservation leaving me no choice but then to cancel all together and do it on my own. I will only use a TA now when I know I can't get a better deal myself...that was my lesson learned!

I would've just asked to talk to someone else. A TA won't willingly give up a reservation.

There was a form you could fill out and send to a Disney with the request and reasoning and they basically did it all for you from there.

I would've just asked to talk to someone else. A TA won't willingly give up a reservation.

There was a form you could fill out and send to a Disney with the request and reasoning and they basically did it all for you from there.

Well, that stinks...wonder why they wouldn't do it?? They just kept telling me that I needed to go thru my TA which I believed since at that point, I had only used a TA once in all my trips. I guess that's another lesson learned for me :upsidedow.

Well, that stinks...wonder why they wouldn't do it?? They just kept telling me that I needed to go thru my TA which I believed since at that point, I had only used a TA once in all my trips. I guess that's another lesson learned for me :upsidedow.

Maybe they were confused? Because that's the standard response to someone calling to make changes on a TA reservation.

I've used TA's for other trips and most of the time it's a convenience. There's something about Disney that makes me always do all the planning myself. It's part of the magic for me. Getting the best deal, getting the ADR's you want, getting the FP+'s when you plan, stalking for the flight that gives you at least half a rest day on arrival is all part of the fun.

Hello All,

Thanks.
We ran into the same issue with our new TA. I definitely understand your frustration! We used to have the best TA, but then she quit to be a stay at home mom. So, we got a new TA within the same office. It has been a nightmare. We've also had to stay on top of promotions with our TA, which pretty much defeats the purpose of booking through one. The day FD was released our TA didn't roll into the office until 1pm :sad2: I even told him it would be released and he assured me he would be on top of it. Needless to say, we didn't get FD. Next time, no TA for us! I hope everything works out for you--Throwing some pixie dust your way! pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter