Transfer Question

bostontochicago

Earning My Ears
Hello all,

Sorry for the basic question, but I checked DVC online with no luck, and with the Search temporarily down here, I am in need of some help from the experts!

Can transfers be done for future years, meaning can I transfer someone my 2013 points at this time? Are there any other restrictions on transfering,except the limit of one per year?

Many thanks!

Michelle

Transfers retain there UY and home resort status.

Transfered points can be banked but banked points can not be transfered.

MS also has trouble keeping track of and applying transfered points so expect issues when you use the points for a reservation.

:earsboy: Bill

Thanks, Bill. I am not surprised to hear that DVC has some challenges with transferred points as I had a very strange experience this morning when completing the transfer and am crossing my fingers that all goes smoothly in the reservation process.

OP, you were able to transfer 2013 points? I find that surprising considering the MF's have not been paid for yet. What if an owner cannot pay their MF's for 2013 but has transferred the points? Does the transferee have to pay for them?
Stephen

I would like to know this as well. Can you transfer next year's points ?
And can you transfer borrowed points ?

I have borrowed some points from next year to make a reservation for this year but now due to circumstances I might need to cancel. As I don't foresee any DVC vacations this year or next year I am thinking to rent (or prefer transfer) the points (2012+2013) but I was wondering whether I can tranfer the borrowed points and my remaining 2013 points (that I have not borrowed).

Thanks !

I would like to know this as well. Can you transfer next year's points ?
And can you transfer borrowed points ?

I have borrowed some points from next year to make a reservation for this year but now due to circumstances I might need to cancel. As I don't foresee any DVC vacations this year or next year I am thinking to rent (or prefer transfer) the points (2012+2013) but I was wondering whether I can tranfer the borrowed points and my remaining 2013 points (that I have not borrowed).

Thanks !

You cannot transfer banked or borrowed points, which may answer the other question about 2013 points. These points may technically be considered borrowed and therefore may not be able to be transferred but I would be interested in hearing confirmation on this.
Stephen

They allow you to transfer either current use year points or your next use year points with the net effect that you can actually do two transfers with one phone call. Whether you could call today and transfer 2013 points depends on your use year since many are still in their 2011 use year.

Hello again friends,....I have an October UY, and just transferred my 2011 and 2012 points. Technically, I have not paid all of 2012 dues, as I pay monthly, but I was able to transfer them. I will be able to transfer the 2013 as of October 1st of this year. I learned you can transfer the current year and the next year. Since I have an Oct UY, I am still in 2011 according to DVC, so I could do 2011/2012 and will have access to transferring 2013 come October.

Transfered points can be banked, but not borrowed.

OP, you were able to transfer 2013 points? I find that surprising considering the MF's have not been paid for yet. What if an owner cannot pay their MF's for 2013 but has transferred the points? Does the transferee have to pay for them?
Stephen

The original owner of the points is responsible for the dues and will be billed by Disney for them at the proper time. Doesn't matter what he or she may have done with them. While I do not know this for sure, I believe Disney is one of the only timeshares that allows points to be used/borrowed before the dues are paid. (If they ever need to decrease borrowing, perhaps that will change. Currently, I would guess that banked points are probably roughly equal to borrowed points when you look at the system as a whole).

If the original owner of the points that were transferred does not pay the annual fees, then Disney will do whatever it does in that situation. Believe it begins with an account freeze for that owner.

So AFAIK, once points are transferred out, the recipient has no obligation with respect to any dues that may or may not be owed on them, even if the points come from a future year.

The original owner of the points is responsible for the dues and will be billed by Disney for them at the proper time. Doesn't matter what he or she may have done with them. While I do not know this for sure, I believe Disney is one of the only timeshares that allows points to be used/borrowed before the dues are paid. (If they ever need to decrease borrowing, perhaps that will change. Currently, I would guess that banked points are probably roughly equal to borrowed points when you look at the system as a whole).

If the original owner of the points that were transferred does not pay the annual fees, then Disney will do whatever it does in that situation. Believe it begins with an account freeze for that owner.

So AFAIK, once points are transferred out, the recipient has no obligation with respect to any dues that may or may not be owed on them, even if the points come from a future year.
Once transferred the recipient is safe assuming their account remains in good standing. Some systems require prepayment to use or borrow future points and most require the maint fees be paid on any points that are transferred though not all allow transfers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter