• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

transfer question

meatboy2006

Earning My Ears
We are staying at POP Century and have transfers through dcl.
I was told i had to go to the swan hotel in order to get on the dcl bus. My only problem is the bus there doesn't leave until 12:45pm. does anyone have any other ideas on how to get to the port earlier.

You can take the Magical Express Bus back to MCO in the morning, and then switch to the Cruise Bus.

We are also going to stay in the Pop Century, but were planning to try and go over to the Beach Club I believe because according to the map it is the closest pick up location. i have not spoken with DCL, but I may need to do that soon to make sure it is possible.

None of the DCL buses leave the resorts before 11:30 or so.......so, if you want to get to the port early the easiest way is to book a car service to bring you to the port. They will come whenever you schedule them for and some even make a grocery stop for you on the way to the port.

Another option would be do a one-way rental and drop it off at one of the rental car agencies at the port (budget, avis, hertz and thrifty are the closest to the port).

There are a few area you can pick up a rental car on WDW property or downtown disney area (check out www.mousesavers.com) for some more info on rentals.

We're also staying at Pop so were told to go to the Swan for pickup.

However, does anyone know which resort's bus gets to port first??? We could transfer to that if it means we'll get there a wee bit earlier.

Also, the thing I didn't get is we were told that the return transfer can drop us at Pop, is this right? It just seemd strange that they couldn't pick us up there but will drop us off :confused3

Depending on how many are traveling with you FL Tours may be an option. They will pick you up anywhere and drop you off at the port and then the time of pick up isn't an issue.

I agree it does not make sense that DCL will drop off any where and not pick up at all resorts. I prefer doing DCL even if it is more but I can't afford or justify the higher priced resorts just for the DCL Transport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter