Transfer from WDW to cruise pier

palmtreelover1

Earning My Ears
Hello All,

We will be visiting WDW (POFQ) in late March and then on to a 7 night EC cruise. I've read that it's possible to get a bus transfer from resorts in WDW to the pier. I just called the POFQ directly and they said that such a thing does not exist. I thought the 4/3 and 3/4 land/sea package folks would be transported to the pier. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

If you want to use Disney buses, you arrange that through DCL and not through the resort. Call DCL, or your travel agent, to reserve the bus. Last I saw it costs $35 per person, each way and it will leave directly from in front of POFQ.

DCL will pick up from POFQ. We did it last March. They will even collect your luggage from your room if you book DCL transfers. A one way transfer from WDW to the port will run $35 per person.

Great, thanks for the information. Does anybody know about what time we would arrive at the pier if we catch a ride from POFQ?

You'll arrive at port between 1:30 PM and 2:00 PM. We had a slow driver, due to high winds that day, and got delayed getting off of the bus at port. We left POFQ a little after 12:00 PM and were on the ship, after checking in and getting our photo taken, at 2:00 PM.

You'll arrive at port between 1:30 PM and 2:00 PM. We had a slow driver, due to high winds that day, and got delayed getting off of the bus at port. We left POFQ a little after 12:00 PM and were on the ship, after checking in and getting our photo taken, at 2:00 PM.
Why do the busses pick up so late from the resorts? We had to have our bags ready by 8 AM, but did not get on the bus until after 11:30 AM. We just sat around waiting.... I asked if there was another earlier bus, but that was the only one.... I felt like we were the last ones on the ship, and since it was our first cruise I would have liked to have gotten there first thing, even if there were lines in the terminal.

I guess the good thing about getting there at that time is that we walked right up to the desk - no line at all and then we walked right onto the ship! No waiting for the photographer either. They announced us and we walked right up to our room which was ready and waiting. Luggage came very soon after.

DCL busses are being used during the morning to transport people from the ship to the airport and WDW resorts.

Your luggage needs to be collected early so it can be taken inmass to the ship to be delivered to your stateroom. You can opt not to have DCL pick your luggage up and put it in the bus with you, but IMHO that defeats one of the main purposes of using DCL transportations. Personally, I didn't mind arriving to the terminal later, as we were able to immediately get in to our cabin upon boarding.

We used the time in the morning to explore the resort. Others have taken in a couple of hours in the parks or arranged for characer breakfasts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter