Transatlantic Cruises

anyone know how full these sailings get? is it usually a full ship?

I've done 3 TA's with DCL and none of them were crowded. These sailings usually have a lot fewer kids than normal so even if the cabins are full, there are a lot fewer people sailing. But the adult areas can be a little more crowded than usual but we've had a great time every time!

As far as weather, it's really a hard thing to predict. But this year's WBTA there were several big storms in the Atlantic or forming in the Atlantic while we were out there and we didn't have all that many rough sea days. The WBTA the time before when DCL did it, the water was like glass!

anyone know how full these sailings get? is it usually a full ship?

On the WBTA last year, all the cabins were taken, but we were quoted an occupancy of 1800 and I think 200 (might have been 300) kids. So the ship did feel empty at times. It was particularly noticeable in the dining room.

Corinna

We did the Eastbound and loved every minute. Between the DCL and the Disboard activities we did not have a spare minute. We did the BTB and continued on the Mediterranean. It was 23 days on that wonderful ship. I kept a daily Journal of it. Will have it on the Panama cruise leaving Jan 6 if anyone is interested in reading it.
This is what we did, too, and it was fantastic. I thought the TA was the most relaxing vacation, ever.

On the WBTA last year, all the cabins were taken, but we were quoted an occupancy of 1800 and I think 200 (might have been 300) kids. So the ship did feel empty at times. It was particularly noticeable in the dining room.

Corinna

I was on a Royal Caribbean Transatlantic cruise last month, and the cruise director said there were 25 kids onboard. That's my kind of cruise! :teeth:

I was on a Royal Caribbean Transatlantic cruise last month, and the cruise director said there were 25 kids onboard. That's my kind of cruise! :teeth:

Wow, that is low. Even with the number that we had on out Transatlantic the absence of kids was very noticeable.

Corinna

Wow, that is low. Even with the number that we had on out Transatlantic the absence of kids was very noticeable.

Corinna

There were ~ 3000 passengers total on my cruise. The cruise dates were Nov. 28-Dec. 12, so I didn't expect to see many kids onboard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter