Tranfer Point Question

tamu91

Howdy!
Can you bank points transferred into your account by another owner? What other restrictions come with transfer points?

Thanks

You may bank the transferred points. I just did this with points transferred from my brother. They were out of his August use year banking window, but I could still bank them. They are supposed to retain their home resort and use year. I have received two different answers to my question about those transferred points. One person told me, via e-mail, they were in my next use year, March '08 and the second person told me they retained their home resort and use year. Will have to wait and see when I make res. in January which is correct. Hope this helps.

The member web site has been changed recently. There used to be a specific paragraph in the points rules that said you can't bank transferred points. I've read the whole section, and that isn't in there any more.

Even when it was in there, people reported they were able to do it. Perhaps now they've officially changed the policy.

When points are transferred in, they're supposed to keep their original home resort and use year. It sounds like the computer system isn't quite sophisticated enough to handle that though.

I'd heard that transferred points were not bankable but I didn't think that was the case, hence the question. It looks like I will have to contact MS directly. Thanks for your responses.

I banked transferred BWV points so that I could do a big family gatherining this December. I specifically looked for BWV points to transfer in on the rent/transfer board because that's what I had (just not enough) and where we wanted to stay. I have no idea what the original use year was for the points... I don't remember. But I got them in June 2006 and won't be using them until December 2007.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter