• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Training Bra..help!

JodiR

DIS Veteran
My dd is 12..Today! She is just forming and I need to get her a bra before school starts on thursday. I will probably just go to Wal-Mart. What do I look for? Are there actual sizes to training bras? My dd is 16 and I forgot what I did for her back then. Thanks!

Take her measurements before you go so you'll know what her bust size is. Some come in 34, 36 etc. , and some just come Small, Medium ans Large. My DD preferred the ones at Target and Khols with the matching panties.

Limited Too has some cute training bras that pull over DD11's head instead of her trying to fasten in the back

but my baby girl is 10 and we had to get her some for school. She is a size 10/12 in clothes and I got her a 32A. Good luck!

I like the Fruit of the Loom sport bras at Walmart. They are cheap, like 9.88 for a 3-pack, they are double layered so they cover well, and they hold up really well. They come in several different colors too. My girls are now to the point where they don't want the sport bras anymore, they prefer bras that have a hook in the front, which can be hard to find. My 8 year old has a bigger chest than my 11 year old, so consider yourself lucky that you're just now facing this with the 12 year old!

Walmart is where we started. In the girl's underwear section you can find a cotton made "sports" like bra. That what I did. They hold up nice in the wash and the are the pull over kind. DD is 12 and we just went into a "real bra" last school year. Wait until she gets her monthy bill :eek: :rotfl2: she will be out of a trainer right into a real bra.

Good luck.

My ten 10 year old started with the Joe Boxer, smaller strap sport bra. The past year at 12 we had to go to the pre teen bra, JC Penny. No underwire and slight soft shape padding.

If there is only a need for concealment and shape an athletic bra is nice. But once there is something to fill out I went to the tiny padded bra a 34 AA now a 36 A. Beige to blend under whit better, a black and a white bra to start. I really like the beige...

My mother would not allow me to wear a bra in 7th grade I had to wear T-shirts....My first bra in 8th grade was a womans 34B..... Oh, and I could not buy bikini's either....I was the oldest.
di

for my oldest dd, we went to walmart and picked out several styles and sizes in each. I went in the fitting room with her and helped her try them on and decide what was comfortable and easiest for her. She also had watched the Oprah special on proper bra fitting, which helped her to understand how to fit and wear a bra.

I kind of made it a big deal for DD10 (she is my one and only daughter) and we went to Kohls and they didn't have much to choose from, but we got her a sport bra for $10.00 and went to have lunch. After that I went and got some more at Walmart.

yeah...just the basic sports style training bras come in small/med/large. My daughter will be 13 in Nov...and she decided she needs a little 'padding'.. Although I'm not fond of the idea...I remember being her age and desperate for it as well (heck, I still am...lol)
So..we get the lightly padded ones from any store (Kohls) in a 30A

We made a girls day of it. We started in the am and had breakfast and then got pedicures. We went to the mall and then to aerie. She had fun looking at the different colors and patterns. I liked shopping here because she wasn't embarassed . She said she would die if we were at kohls and if the boys from school walked by and saw her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter