• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Train from San Diego to LA?

Ksquared

DIS Veteran
I noticed that somebody suggested taking a train from SD to Anaheim but I'm wondering if it goes from SD into LA? Specifically, I'd like to take our daughter to the American Girl store in LA the week we are in SD but do not necessarily feel like driving. Could we take a train? If so, any links so I could check out schedules?

I think the kids would actually like the train ride if we don't have anything to do one day. Otherwise, I'm not making a special trip since we just took her to the one in New York for her birthday in January.

All Amtrak trains from San Diego continue all the up to Union Station in downtown Los Angeles. Many trains also continue through Burbank, Ventura and onto Santa Barbara and even further north.

The American Girl Store is located in a shopping complex called The Grove that's on the west side of Los Angeles. It is far from Union Station and the only public transit available are busses. I would not recommend anything other than a car to get there.

If you're still looking for a train ride, the train does make several stops before Anahiem. If you're here in the spring & summer, some trains stop right at the pier in San Clemente - you're literally feet from the water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter