• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Train explodes in Quebec

Domo

Wotcha
It appears that tragedies come in two.

A driverless train carrying light crude oil has exploded in a Canadian town, forcing the evacuation of 1,000 people.

The blast sent a fireball and black smoke into the air, destroying dozens of buildings in Lac-Megantic, some 155 miles (250 km) east of Montreal.

The train's 77 fuel cars reportedly uncoupled from its parked engine and derailed early on Saturday; 120 fire fighters are still fighting the blaze.

Some 60 people are missing, but no casualties have yet been confirmed.

Eyewitnesses reported that the town centre was crowded at the time of the blast, and that "chaos" ensued.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-23212541

Sending thoughts and prayers to everyone connected to this tragedy.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

The video is horrifying. I hope all of those missing are found safe.

I live in Quebec City and I just came home to see this, it's everywhere on the news around here. Apparently the whole historical center of Lag-Mégantic was destroyed, several people are still missing and five wagons are still presenting a serious risk of explosion. The city, the police and the rescue teams all seem to be reacting very efficiently, but the situation is truly awful. Hoping the casualties will end up being limited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter