• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trail's End

chr1972

Mouseketeer
Has anyone had experience with this restaurant? We have ADR's there for Sept. because I had a hard time finding something anywhere else. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

We have had dinner there 4 times and had a good experience every time. My favorites are the chilli, cornbread, fried chicken, and when they have it- the buffalo.

OMG we LOVE Trails End:goodvibes
The food is great, cheap and the atmosphere is total Disney! We have gone so many times, every year. We actually made it our annual tradition. We go there the first night we arrive.
The food is fresh, great and the servers are so friendly. They have great chili, chicken and bbq and rootbeer and chocolate milk. It is so good.
The only bad(if you want to call it that) thing is you have to take a bus back to the restraunt or the boat from MK so that makes it slightly time consuming, but that is the special part for us! It is an adventure and so fun:)

We have had dinner there 4 times and had a good experience every time. My favorites are the chilli, cornbread, fried chicken, and when they have it- the buffalo.
I had no idea that buffalo was a possibility. My DH will insisit even if there is only a chance

awesome place to eat!! My favorite was the macaroni and cheese, almost like how I make it at home!! Great bang for your buck!!!

Thanks so much for all the comments. I'm feeling a lot better about that ADR. I just never hear much about it so was not sure how it was. We are staying at the Contemporary, so we can take the boat there. Now I'm looking forward to it!!!!!

Trail's End is great!!! The food and atmosphere are some of the best on property in my opinion. Its just classic Disney for me since we have been going there as long as I can remember. Also, as mentioned above, the servers there are absolutely wonderful! DH and I have gone at least once each trip for the last 5 years and some of the same servers are still there. You will love it!

I totally agree with everyone else. This place is great! We ate there for at least one breakfast, one lunch and one dinner during our last vacation to WDW, and enjoyed each meal immensely. There is something for everyone and the atmosphere and service was wonderful each time. We will definitely be going back next time!

Another thumb's up here:thumbsup2 ...same food as served at HDDR. Fried chicken melts in your mouth. This is the best kept secret on property!;)

Great place to take a drink on the porch, play some checkers in a rocking chair and people watch. So relaxing!

FYI, breakfast buffet is great too.:banana:

Mrs. Disney Ron

Is this restuarant where the HDDR and MBYBBQ are?
They all share the same kitchen, but are in fact 3 different resturants, with slightly different menues.
As for the earlier question about desserts, the choices are limited, usually a fruit cobbler and a bread pudding. My kids love that chocolate pudding is on the salad bar.

What is the dessert buffet like at TE?

There isn't a dessert buffet!!! :sad2: The closest thing they have at dinner are these triangular pita chip kinda things baked I think w/cinnamon sugar, they are so good. :) They have fresh fruit of some kind also, usually watermelon.
They do have desserts though- not on the buffet but in a case at the register. They cost extra. They usually have doughnuts and I think rice krispie treats, etc.

If you're on the dining plan, can you get the deserts. I looked at their menu on-line and it looks like they are 2 desert items. I'm now trying to decide if we are going to pay for this meal or use the dining plan. Thanks to all for all of the great feedback.

I remember there being a cobbler of some sort one time and bread pudding another time we've had dinner there. It's really good food, we love it!

Kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter