Trails End Restaurant history

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
Back in the 90s I remember Trail's End was called Trail's End Buffeteria, not resturant. You took your tray through the line and got your food. The 1999 Birnbaum's Guide confirmed my memory. So does anyone remember when the change took place from a buffeteria to a buffet resturant?

I remember fondly the make-your-own pizza they had at night along with the musical entertainment. There was a guy (Chris?) who played guitar and even played the saw! This was circa 1986/1987.

Yes - they did have an entertainer in what is now the Davy Crockett lounge area. In 1974 this entertainer was performing nightly. Then in the early 80's is was just on the weekends. By around 1987, he was gone completely.

Trail's End Buffeteria was the "cheaper" of three dining options at the Fort. HDDR was the middle of the road choice, and Crockett's was a full service restaurant. Then, somewhere in the late 80's early 90's, Crockett's was turned into more of a bar food restaurant. They had great buffalo wings & chicken planks! That ended around 2003. I loved Crockett's - the Sports Bar & wish they would bring it back. It was nice to hit for a late night snack & a beer.

1996 - Crockett's Tavern at Fort Wilderness changes from a full-service restaurant to a themed full service bar.

I remember fondly the make-your-own pizza they had at night along with the musical entertainment. There was a guy (Chris?) who played guitar and even played the saw! This was circa 1986/1987.

This was also our favorite activity!! After the fireworks and water parade at the beach, we would go for a make your own pizza at the Trails End. We definitely miss that!!

Breakfast was always a buffet though right? I remember doing the breakfast buffet there since I was little, but we didnt eat lunch or dinner much there until recently.

I remember the guy playing in the dining area while we ate a $7.00 pizza and pitcher of soda for $5.00. Those prices will not be seen again. I also remember those chocolate donuts that were on the buffet bar or you could get them as a take out.

Yep the make your own pizza was great back in the 80's and IIRC into the 90's (been camping at FW since 1984 at least every two to three years and in the last 15 every other year) and they actually had a sit down type restaurant with a menu and not the buffet they have now. Also as late as around 2002/04 the buffet was really good, but has tanked since them on the selections and quality. All we now get there is the getty-up-and-go.

Larry

Wasn`t the floor seating, in the tavern area against the windows,full of pinball machines? Seems I remember that on a long ago trip?

1996 - Crockett's Tavern at Fort Wilderness changes from a full-service restaurant to a themed full service bar.

Yep. That would be about right. They had a separate, limited menu that included Buffalo Wings, pizza by the slice, chicken planks with fries, nachos, and IIRC, salad. You could also order Strawberry Shortcake, but if you didn't specify "the dessert", you ended up with a Strawberry Shortcake drink - which was also very good - just not good for those trailblazers 21 & under!;)

Can anyone Confirm, that on Friday Afternoons, the amazing Clam Chowder is still being served at The Trails End????

TCF

I used to enjoy eating at Trail's End, but with their current pricing structure it just isn't going to happen. For our family of 4, a simple meal there is over $100!!! :scared1: And that's without purchasing something to drink. Sorry...that's way overpriced for what I consider to be an average (although good) meal.

I think we spend $600 or more for Thanksgiving at Trail End last year

Yep the make your own pizza was great back in the 80's and IIRC into the 90's (been camping at FW since 1984 at least every two to three years and in the last 15 every other year) and they actually had a sit down type restaurant with a menu and not the buffet they have now. Also as late as around 2002/04 the buffet was really good, but has tanked since them on the selections and quality. All we now get there is the getty-up-and-go.

Larry

Whats IIRC??:confused3

Yes, and thanks from me too. In my 10+ years as a member of these boards, I thought I knew all the abbreviations around here. But that was a new one on me too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter