Trail's End or POR Boatwright's for Christmas Day dinner?

discookiemonsta

Mouseketeer
I'm debating between these two restaurants for our Christmas Day dinner.

Our original plan was to have dinner at Kona Cafe and then watch the EWP and Wishes from the beach. Well, a wrench was thrown into my plans with the change of the Kona menu, so I cancelled that ADR.

I got an ADR for Boatwright's at POR. My plan was to head to the Poly afterwards to still watch EWP and Wishes.

Then I read the list of restaurants serving Christmas meals and Trails End was one of them. I got an ADR there for 4:20pm. I have gotten hooked on the idea of having dinner at Trail's End, then taking the wagon ride to see the decorations and then still heading to the Poly to watch EWP and Wishes.

Just wondering which would be a better choice for dinner? The biggest issue I have is wondering if the Trail's End Christmas buffet is only traditional Christmas food...turkey etc. or if it's a mixture of their regular buffet selections as well as Christmas dinner selections? My husband is allergic to both chicken and turkey.

Oh, we will have dinner at Trail's End and do the wagon ride to see decorations on our arrival day evening...is it 'too much' to do it twice in one trip?

1) Trail's End !
2) In fact, we already have our ressies for Christmas Day.

Trail's End Christmas Lunch/Dinner:
Seafood Bisque
Hearty Vegetable Soup
Salad Bar with Mixed Greens
Garden Vegetables
Carved Smoked Turkey Breast
Mustard-glazed Ham
Fried Chicken
BBQ Pork Ribs
Baked Salmon with Cranberry-Orange Butter
Pasta with Cannellini Bean Sauce
Country-style Green Beans
Steamed Buttered Broccoli
Butternut Squash with Cranberries
Mashed Potatoes
Corn Bread Stuffing
Pumpkin Pie
Pecan Pie
Red Velvet Cake
Soft Serve Ice Cream Non-Alcoholic or Non-Specialty Beverage included

Boatwright's Christmas Day Menu:
I see nothing special for dinner listed on the Hub.

Trail's End is great. Very informal, comfort food. Nothing very fancy, but the food is good and you can eat to your heart's content. Great variety. Very good service. We enjoy it there very much.

We have done Trails End two of the last three Christmas Days. The first in 2009 was terrific. Great service, lots of food etc. We went last year 2011 and the service was slow and the food was awful. I had much better at Golden Corral and that is not gourmet dining. The buffet was constantly being depleted and they didn't seem to replenish it. Turkey was sliced sitting in a broth in the tray, the ribs were good, mash potatoes ok, fried chicken ok. Never did see any ham.:sad1: One member of our group has an allergy to nuts, pumpkin/squash and kiwi. The desert was pumpkin pie and they did not even offer him ice cream. The chef had come out and explained to him what he could not eat but that was it. It had been marked on the ressie as well. They finally brought him a pre-packaged brownie, like Miss Debbies. Not impressed for a $200.+ meal for 4 people, with no alchohol.

The decorations at the campsites were amazing. In fact they were the highlight of the day after the horrible meal. We would not go back again to eat.

Nepean

1) Trail's End !
2) In fact, we already have our ressies for Christmas Day.

Trail's End Christmas Lunch/Dinner:
Seafood Bisque
Hearty Vegetable Soup
Salad Bar with Mixed Greens
Garden Vegetables
Carved Smoked Turkey Breast
Mustard-glazed Ham
Fried Chicken
BBQ Pork Ribs
Baked Salmon with Cranberry-Orange Butter
Pasta with Cannellini Bean Sauce
Country-style Green Beans
Steamed Buttered Broccoli
Butternut Squash with Cranberries
Mashed Potatoes
Corn Bread Stuffing
Pumpkin Pie
Pecan Pie
Red Velvet Cake
Soft Serve Ice Cream Non-Alcoholic or Non-Specialty Beverage included

Boatwright's Christmas Day Menu:
I see nothing special for dinner listed on the Hub.

Thank you so much for posting the menu!!! I really appreciate it :goodvibes Where did you end up finding this? Is the 'Christmas' menu very different from their regular menu?

Thank you so much for posting the menu!!! I really appreciate it :goodvibes Where did you end up finding this? Is the 'Christmas' menu very different from their regular menu?

1) The menu is on the Cast Member "HUB".
2) The traditional Thanksgiving meal items are different than normal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter