Trails End - no more hot lunches unless you like soup!

Donna

Where Magic Lives
According to Allears, trails end lunch is now soup and sandwiches. Surely, it's not still $14 or whatever it was they raised it to. I am checking in sunday so i'll report back, probably with pictures. I don't plan on eating there for lunch if this has changed from all the good hot food but i'll ask to see it so i can take pictures, lol. This is probably another free dining casualty.

Bah, wish they would stop changing it. Fortunately I can't even remember the last time we ate there for lunch (normally not at the Fort at that time), but it stinks that all they would have now is soup and sandwiches. Then again, if it's at least halfway decent, guess I won't mind that much (if we ever eat there for lunch).

Apparently they have salads, too.

Please let us know whether it's an "all you can eat" buffet thing now and how much $$$, or how they're handling it, Donna.

I bet this is a cost savings change, not a free dining casualty. The dining plan folks are sure going to be mad if they planned a "table service meal" at Trails End and they only get soup, salad and sandwiches! :scared1: They must be changing it to "counter service" for lunch????

Thanks!!!

Sue in Texas

Well, everyone was griping that they needed a counter service at FW. Ask and you shall receive.:wizard:

Like I tell my kids, "be careful what you wish for.":rolleyes1

Several years ago they tried this and it was a devastating failure. History repeats itself.

Well if the sandwhiches are like the ones at the WL, I'd have no problem with it(like the Roast beef with Blue cheese..and the Vegie sandwhich is pretty good also !;) ).unless they're charging $14.99 for a sandwhich! That's a different story. I wonder if they will have burgers and fries..that sort of thing also?
Do let us know what you find out Donna..and enjoy your trip whatever they're servving! :wizard:

I can't see them charging 14.99 for a sandwich, nowhere else does that in Disney, I don't know why they would do that at Trails End...lol. Then again, who knows at this point.

I'm just as interested as you guys to know the new prices, I'm sure there will be some updates on the net in the next day or two (and when Donna gets back ;) ).

Thats a good point, i will enjoy this trip no matter WHAT they serve! i will report back once i get the scoop. I never thought of HOT sandwiches, for some reason, i was picturing cold cuts like they serve now on the right side. i wonder if it'll be a build your sandwich bar type thing? stay tuned!

I did a bit more research, and the only thing new I could find was this:

Editor's Note: A call to Disney Reservations confirmed that lunch is now soup, salad, and sandwiches. Dinner at Trails End will continue to feature chicken, ribs, a carved item, and all the same items as before.

So they have salads too(easy to figure they would anyways). Can't find anything on new prices yet, I'll let you guys know if I do.

I love Earl of Sandwich, they have on in the local mall near our house as well. That's one sandwich I don't mind waiting in line for...lol

hopefully they will add chicken fingers. i love walts chicken/peacock fingers.

lol true, I just would see them doing that at a place that is much more busy, and more likely to actually force people to pay that price. A lot of the people at the Fort would just return to their campers to eat, you can't do that at a resort..lol (well you can, but you know what I mean :P).

I don't ever recall eating lunch at T.E. We are usually away from FtW during lunch time or we eat at the site, and that's probably true of most guests. To be honest, I don't recall T.E. having that big of a lunch crowd.

One thing is for sure...Disney is must be starting to feel the crunch of the economy if they are making all these changes. They are probably simplifying the lunch options to keep their costs down without closing T.E. during lunchtime.

I'm sure Donna will give us all the info when she gets to the fort.

Yea Debbie, I've never seen much of a lunch crowd there either, then again, we're normally not around the Fort at lunchtime anyways. Most people at the Fort I think are either at their sites or somewhere else, it's not like other resorts where it is more centralized.

Yikes! So there no longer serving a Lunch Buffet with that amazing Chowder?? we're there next week! Has this been confirmed?:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter