Trail's End @ Fort Wilderness

Claudia Kellenberger

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone! How is the Trail's End at Fort Wilderness for dinner? Do you think it is necessary to get advanced ADR's for this place? I'm thinking dinner around 5:30 on Friday, December 4th.

Thanks for your help!

I had no problem getting a Halloween ADR last week for it, but if you know the date and time you're going, it can't hurt to book it.

1) usually, Trails End has room and ADR's are not always necessary.
2) But, I always advice people to do ADR, just in case.
3) As far as, how is it, please see our below review.
Our Ratings of Trails End for Breakfast-Dinner: (*rev 05/02/2015*)
. . . food price value: B-B
. . . food quality: B-C
. . . food quantity: A-A
. . . food prep speed: A-A
. . . food selection: C-B
. . . seating quantity: C-C
. . . seating comfort: C-C
. . . eatery atmosphere: B-B
. . . eatery convenience: D-D
. . . staff friendliness: B-B
. . . staff attentiveness: C-B
. . . character interaction: n/a
NOTE1: Above include breakfast-dinner (we don't like the lunch), it has tasty comfort
food. We like the buffets as dining alternatives, as they are reasonably priced for Disney
meals. Lunch is far behind in quality or value. In Spring-2011, they changed lunch menus
to ala carte and we recommend it only for a light midday meal. We think the lunch food
is a little overpriced and only average in food quality. For dinner, taste the yummy fried
chicken and "make-your-own-potato" bar. For breakfast, you REALLY, REALLY, NEED the
sticky buns. The nice thing about breakfast, might be the low crowds, as many campers
prepare breakfast at the campsite. Trail's End Breakfast Buffet is the second best buffet,
behind The Wave breakfast buffet at Contemporary for quality, and the best price value.
A point to remember is that the majority of the Trails End customers are from the camp
ground, so they prices are reasonable and the items are good comfort food.
NOTE2: Trails End is out-of-the-way for most WDW guests. It takes about 20-min for the
boat from MK-to-FW, about 10-minutes for the boat from WL-to-FW, about 15-min for the
boat from CR-to-FW (excluding the waiting times for the next boat).

We get last minute ressies there quite often and it usually for large groups as well. I think you will be fine waiting or not making a reservation at all.

Hi Everyone! How is the Trail's End at Fort Wilderness for dinner? Do you think it is necessary to get advanced ADR's for this place? I'm thinking dinner around 5:30 on Friday, December 4th.

Since it is off the beaten path, it probably isn't necessary, but as others said, it wouldn't hurt to get an ADR. On our trip last year in January, we had no problem making a last minute dinner ADR before walking over from Wilderness Lodge. It had been years since I had eaten there, we were both pleasantly surprised and would definitely return.

Well after you take the extreme journey to Trails End you will not want to be turning around thats for sure. So ADR just in case. Last year at TrailsEnd Great food, lots of fun outside, lost DW favorite hat and DS (6) held hands with a girl for the first time even on the bus.

Well after you take the extreme journey to Trails End you will not want to be turning around thats for sure. So ADR just in case. Last year at TrailsEnd Great food, lots of fun outside, lost DW favorite hat and DS (6) held hands with a girl for the first time even on the bus.

1) See how great The Fort is, compared to other Disney resort stays?
2) Sure, Dad could lose his hat anywhere, but meeting a girl on vacation?
3) Not typical at a busy hotel-style-resort, even at Disney.
4) Moral of the story, not only will you love The Fort, but you can fall in-love at The Fort.
5) One of the reasons it is so popular - both as an TV/tent campsite and a cabin-rental resort.

I would make an adr right before heading over. We got turned away after arriving once because there were two large groups. The wait was over an hour so we left.

I'd make the ADR too . . . if only for peace of mind. Enjoy the boat ride to and from the MK. I think its the simplest & least stressful transpo to Trails End.

We always make ADRs for it, but only on the same day. Never had a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter