Trail's End Dinner worth the price??

txtink17

Sticks and stones, Luv.
We mostly eat our big meal at lunch, but I see that Trail's End has more to offer on their dinner menu. Is the food worth paying almost $20 a person for dinner (it will be about $80 for the 4 of us)?

We ate there last year. I think your money is better spent somewhere else.
It reminded me of when I used to eat at Golden Coral.

We went there the first year we went to disney and we were not impressed at all. We found the food blah and nothing to rave about. We actually hardly ate anything and left. We found the place not too appealing and the price not matching the quality of food. I'm hoping the food though the same at HDDR is better because were trying that this year for the first time. Hoping that because it is not served under hear lamps that it will be much better:confused3

If the dinner buffet has more than the lunch then I would hate to see the lunch because the dinner buffet really didn't have that much to offer. The food was ok but nothing to brag about. The only plus to us going to this restaurant was that it wasn't crowded and it allowed us to check out the Fort Wilderness Resort. I would not make it back here on purpose though. Don't get me wrong, the food isn't disgusting or anything but it certainly isn't fabulous either, and there weren't very many choices either. Golden Corral looks like some sort of buffet mecca compared to Trails End. Go to Liberty Tree Tavern or Crystal Palace if you want a buffet. They are much better.
HTH
Kim

Contrary to most of the responses, our family really enjoys Trail End. I agree there are not alot of choices (yummy fried chicken, spare ribs, carved meet) salad, chili, corn bread, and some veg sides-but all tastey and I feel a much cheaper buffet then the other onsite ones. We have always had good service and enjoyed.

We think it is one of the best values at Disney. We enjoy the food there and always have enough to eat.

Count us in too! We love Trail's End and even make a special effort to get over there once per trip. Love the fried chicken and those cinnamon crisps and apple cobbler are so yummy!! :thumbsup2 We like to explore FW afterward....especially the animals and the huge horses in the barn.

My hubby and I also enjoy TE. It's not a "fancy" buffet, so therefore not the fancy price, which is even better. It is simple homestyle/country fare that is quite good. We also enjoy the breakfast. As was stated it is the best value buffet at WDW. Also, because it is out of the way, it is quieter and easy to get into, no crowds. And with DD discount, even more better! LOL!

Blessings,
Winnie

I imagine that TE is the best *value* that you are going to find for TS at WDW. Considering that what other Buffets cost. I am sure that there is also *some* difference in the offerings. After all most buffets at WDW are closer to $30 than $20 for dinner, right? You want a bargain basement price, you'll probably get a bargain basement meal (less choices, and no characters):confused3 I imaginge it would be much like my local Hometown Buffet:)

We have always enjoyed eating at Trail's End. It is basic buffet. It is usually not too crowded and the waitstaff has a lot of time to spend with guests. We've only seen it overly crowded one time. The food at HDDR was from the same kitchen. I was actually more disappointed with the food at HDDR because I expected more. It was fried chicken, ribs, corn on the cob, ranch style beans and strawberry shortcake.
I felt that the food at LTT was just OK. The characters were more of a draw. Food at Crystal Palace was good, it is very, very busy and noisy, but that is to be expected.

We ate at Trails End and I didn't think it was too bad, though I must say my BBQ briskets are much better than theirs. Chocolate bread pudding was yummy.

Doubt if we will ever go, DH really disliked it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter