Trail End - Whats the scoop for 1st timers

Kellbell3079

Earning My Ears
Just wanted to get more information from veterans about the Trails End Restaurant. I have gotten some info and it has been pretty good. Just wanted to see any of you had good and bad experiences.

Kelley

It's probably the cheapest buffet on property. Sometimes I just get the salad bar which comes with boiled shrimp. They have ribs, roast beef and fried chicken for meats and several veggies. The same kitchen serves the Hoop Dee Doo Revue so if you're doing the Revue don't go to TE as you will be tired of it.

I've always enjoyed good service and it's convenient if you don't feel like going to another resort or don't feel like cooking that night. It's usually on our agenda 1 night during our stay.

We like it too. As Stacktester says, it's the cheapest buffet on the property and pretty good although there are some who have been unhappy with it. They also have a limited take out menu (pizza, fried chicken dinners I think) that you can check out on the the website allears.com in their "Dining" section.

Bama ED :upsidedow

We love Trail's End. With 2 sons (16 and 9), we need a lot of food and a variety and the Trail's End fills the bill.:thumbsup2 We always eat there once a trip for supper (unless we're going to the Hoop De Doo) and we eat breakfast there the day we leave.

Happy Camping.

We always get take out from Trails End each trip. You can order the buffet as take out and they will give you containers to fill with whatever you want. I find its easier to take the food back to the camper than to drag the little ones (last trip 7,3,8mo) out to eat. I can relax more that way!

We liked the breakfast better then dinner, buton vacation who wants to cook.

Check out this dis web http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm?Restaurant.ID=37 It will answer some of your questions.The prices have changed breakfast A$11.99 C$7.99,lunch A12.99 C$8.99,dinner A$17.99 C $9.99. The food is fresh and good american food but the best part are the wonderful cast members working there.They remember you and make it seem like a neighborhood place that you go to all the time. You will meet nice guests like Mo and Mark who we met our last night there, among others. Ask for Donna at night or Ken in the morning, you will not be disapointed.Donna has become a friend,we even met some of her wonderful children. Also Clif who works take out or check in, he will take good care of you.all of the staff is great and you will find a personal touch that you just won't get anywhere else.If we seem like :cheer2: cheerleaders for Trails End, we are.Hope you enjoy it too.:goodvibes

Ask for Donna at night or Ken in the morning, you will not be disapointed.Donna has become a friend,we even met some of her wonderful children. .:goodvibes

I second the advice for asking for Ken in the morning - he was our server our Christmas morning, and he was by far the BEST server we had during our 12 night stay at ANY of the Disney restaurants. He really made our Chrismas at Disney all the merrier!

Do we need to make ADR for Trails End? We'll be there the second half of August.

It probably will depend on whether there is Free Dining again this year. We ate there one night this past Sept. (a slower time of year, but during free dining) and even though some in our party were late, we were told those who were there would need to be seated at our ADR time or we'd lose the table. They were full and couldn't adjust our timing at all. If it's a place you'd really like to go, I'd say go with the ADR; you can always change it later.

If your'e into buffets, go to the Trailside. If you are into gourmet, fancy recipes then stay away. We love it, would go back in a second. We took the take out chicken dinner back to our campsite and ate two nights on it. Great castmembers made the experience worth the price.

Jim

We like good old buffet food. So Im excited to try it. We are a breakfast family (LOVE IT) and are anxious to try it. Have a long time to wait not there until June 23rd!

We ate there for the first time this past Jan. and we loved it.

We had the buffet there last December and loved it (ribs are real good)..Our waiter was very friendly (don't remember his name) he was young. Just one thing, don't get fooled by something that looks like whipped/ice cream, it is BUTTER..my daughter found this out AFTER I ate the whole scoop :confused3 !!

We had the buffet there last December and loved it (ribs are real good)..Our waiter was very friendly (don't remember his name) he was young. Just one thing, don't get fooled by something that looks like whipped/ice cream, it is BUTTER..my daughter found this out AFTER I ate the whole scoop :confused3 !!

Thanks for the heads up on the butter! I dont want to do that. Though my 4 year old would love it. She loves butter! Me not so much. Glad to hear about the ribs my husband loves ribs! Thanks for all the great advice from all of you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter