Traffic on Fridays heading from Cape Canaveral to Orlando?

BABYJOSIE98

DIS Veteran
We are staying at AKL for 4 days next week and when we check out on Friday we are going to drive to the beach for the day. :sunny: Our flight leaves Orlando at 7:20. What time should we head back to Orlando? Will we be going against rush hour traffic or with it???

I was thinking we could leave the beach by 4:00 and be ok since we need to have our car turned in by 6:00pm?

Thanks for any help you guys can give!

Michelle

I would leave by 3:00. There is rush hour traffic in all directions around Orlando. I would allow some extra time just in case. It would be better to be sitting at the airport grabbing a bite to eat than rushing and worrying to get there. You also will have some lines at security to get through also.

We have an 8:30 breakfast at Boma and plan to head out.. If we get to the beach by 11:00 then we should be ready to head back by 3:00.

Do you recommend any nice beaches in the Cocoa Beach area?? All I have ever done was catch the Disney ships from down there? :goodvibes

I was looking on the internet..>Maybe the Canaveral national shoreline or Lori Wilson Park in Cocoa Beach??? Thanks for any help. :sunny:

Mom is splurging for a convertable for the day!! :cool1: :rotfl: :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter