• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Traffic flow from WDW to NJ Labor Day weekend

WeLoveLilo05

DIS Veteran
Was wondering if anyone has ever driven home labor day weekend along I95? Are we insane? I don't know what to expect traffic wise, I just don't want to be stuck in traffic for hours with my husband yelling at me b/c I made this trip over labor day weekend lol. We would be leaving WDW on Friday maybe 3-5ish and taking I95 back to Jersey. We have driven 2 years in a row in August but never during the holiday weekend.

We've driven home twice over labor day weekend (both times involving hurricanes:scared1:) and the only traffic I can remember was around Baltimore on Saturday afternoon. If you're driving straight through, you'll probably be past Baltimore by morning, so hopefully won't be too bad. Even if you have to crawl for 30-45 minutes, it shouldn't slow you down too much. Good luck!

I maybe right in the same boat as you if Airfare Prices dont start coming down!! Our trip is booked for Aug 25th thru Sept 1st and we are from South Jersey > My opinion is you wont really start running into traffic issues until you are closer to New Jersey. Where about are you from?

We're planning the same thing and are a little worried. We're familiar with the traffic around DC, but are wondering about FL to DC. We will most likely not do a straight shot either way. We're hoping to leave FL on the 31st or 1st and stop overnight somewhere then time the last leg to avoid congestion around DC. Let me know if you find anything helpful!

As long as you're not on the road in NJ on Monday you should be fine.

You should be ok if you are driving on Friday and Saturday but I think Sunday and Monday would be a different story. But you never know, I drove up from Hilton Head last Sunday and was stuck on I95 near Fredricksburg, VA for almost two hours for no apparent reason.

I can speak to traffic patterns in the DC area for 3 day weekends. Time your trip through the DC/VA area on the Sunday. For any 3-day weekend, Friday is a bear, Saturday morning is a bear, Sunday is bliss, almost like a ghost town, and Monday becomes horrific again. I live right off I-95 and on those big travel weekends, I stay off the interstate on Friday, Saturday, and Monday. I save all my trips to distant malls for Sunday and it's actually quite beautiful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter