Traditions....What do you buy every trip?

well - it appears I've been doing this all wrong. You're all buying ornaments and I always buy a 3 pack of mickey underpants.

no wonder my christmas tree looks so crappy

well - it appears I've been doing this all wrong. You're all buying ornaments and I always buy a 3 pack of mickey underpants.

no wonder my christmas tree looks so crappy

Very funny......:rotfl::rotfl2::rotfl: The tree looks crappy but you always have nice underpants. Which no on will know about ...unless you have to go to the Emergency Room that will be a nice treat for the ER staff:banana:

Me: Always an ornament and something for the kitchen.
DH: T-Shirt or polo.
Kids: Pin, t-shirt and small stuffed animal.

Christmas ornaments for each child! By the time they are grown ups they will have a nice collection!

I didn't read every page on this thread but I DID read the first 2 pages...couldn't believe there were no pin collectors out there!! We collect pins each trip. (We don't really trade.) We always stay at a different DVC resort each trip so my DH likes to collect a new shirt that is resort specific. DS and I usually get either a new Tshirt or a sweatshirt (sometimes WDW sometimes DVC). As a tradition we always get ice cream one night on Main Street before the parade & fireworks. We even did that at Disneyland Paris last summer - DH was like we HAVE to have our ice cream! :rotfl:

We have collected pins for a while. We still have a few lanyards full although we never traded either. My husband and daughter stopped collecting. We even did antenna toppers and put them on a thread spool. After they were stolen a few times off our antenna. :scared:

What I always buy at Disney: Island Sunset at the Polynesian, and any number of pastries from the bakery in France

What I always bring home from Disney: a couple of extra pounds, typically on my hips, from my permissive vacation eating and drinking :laughing:

Add us to the list that always buys an ornament. It's a must. My wife usually buys a frame as well. I buy a T-shirt - I typically try to buy ones you don't see everyday - Bought a Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers one last time and an amazing "That's How I Roll" retro-type one with Mickey rollerskating on it the time before. Also bought the "Por favor, mantenganse allejado de las puertas" T-shirt a couple trips back.

My kids have been buying vinylmations the past few trips, so that has become sort of a tradition too. And my god, the stuffed animals. We usually come back with multiple new friends. They have taken over our house, basically.

For food, Mickey bars are, of course, a must. And the carrot cake cookie at Writer's Stop. Word.

We always go in Oct, so we always get a MNSSHP specific item...tee, pin, something that says MNSSHP and the year. (Although they have fewer items each year.) We also get a picture of us in costume.
We always get the free Disney Visa picture.
We get a picture frame.
Dole whip, popcorn, and a treat from the Villain Store at HS.

We always get a Christmas ornament, new beach towel and a magnet from the resort that we stayed at.

I am glad to see we aren't the only ones that buy a beach towel every visit. We have one from every park except Animal Kingdom(will be getting that one this year). We also get Magnets from every park plus a few from the world showcase.

Started getting the photo when the twins were 5..They are 17 1/2 and took friends last year. Its fun to watch them grow up in front of the castle:)Always get one with who ever we are traveling with.

i always always get a new pin, whether bought or traded.
i love getting bath bombs from basin :lovestruc
and crazy candy from the Japan pavilion! My dad and I love picking out candies that have wrappers written in all Japanese, it makes it a sort of adventure when we taste everything :rotfl:

I used to collect them too! I have them in my china cabinet now, among my dishes. I wish they still had them.

did you check arribas brothers in downtown disney? last time we went i saw some figurines that looked something like what ya'll are talking about. they might be pricier though

As many have already said... Magnets and mugs! Defo running out of mug space now, though. Nights start collecting the cookbooks of the restaurants of wdw. I've seen some in the kitchen shops.

And of course, can't go wrong with an Xmas decorations! Pyjamas too...

I always buy a coffee mug from the resort at which I am staying or a park if there are no new resort ones. I did this for years. There are two sad things about this story:

1. They no longer do the individual resort mugs :confused:

2. I brought all my mugs with me to China. After only a short time here, I realized that something in the water had ruined them and now all the logos are gone and I have only plain mugs :sad1:

We have collected pins for a while. We still have a few lanyards full although we never traded either. My husband and daughter stopped collecting. We even did antenna toppers and put them on a thread spool. After they were stolen a few times off our antenna. :scared:

The antenna toppers would be fun but I haven't had a car with a fixed antenna ever I don't think. They all seem to be built into the rear glass these days. :confused3 We have some pins on lanyards then broke down & bought a book thing to put them in. Have way to many now to keep on lanyards (and we were always afraid of losing them off the lanyards so we bought those locking pin backs which are a bit of a pain to get them on & off). Since we weren't trading it seemed silly to carry them around the parks. The book thing works good for collecting.

I always buy a coffee mug from the resort at which I am staying or a park if there are no new resort ones. I did this for years. There are two sad things about this story:

1. They no longer do the individual resort mugs :confused:

2. I brought all my mugs with me to China. After only a short time here, I realized that something in the water had ruined them and now all the logos are gone and I have only plain mugs :sad1:

Oh that IS really sad...but so I hope you're not DRINKING that same water unless you filter it first!? :scared1:

A Silhouette, a dated Christmas ornament and a box of Mr Potato Head parts (we make a spud for each trip: we're up to 5!)

I get a couple of holiday ornaments/decorations for a couple of folks.
I also get a new t shirt for me, I have been getting the year on them, and always bring home krispy treats for DH. and, a couple of new pins.

when I go down next month I may get a new watch in MK for myself.
(Dh does NOT know about that:rolleyes1)
:goodvibes

We have an obsession with buying Christmas tree decorations. There isn't even any room on our tree anymore...it's literally bursting (most of them Disney ones too)! We also get Disney number plates that go on American cars but as we live in the UK we just put them up in the garden lol :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter