Traditions and training

roriedee

Trying to Earn My Ears
Hey all! I got accepted for QSFB yesterday and I just had a few questions for former CPs or any of you lot who have more knowledge on how the program works than I do.

First off, I'm Spring Advantage and checking in on the 18th. Besides checking in, getting my role and housing assignments and all that stuff, is there anything else that happens that first day you're down there? Or do they leave you on your own to get settled and everything?

Next question: When is Traditions and how long does it last? Is it the next day? That night? Or is it spread out over a few days? Reason I ask is because I'm debating on how many business casual outfits I should bring.

Last thing: How many days after checking in do you start training? And does anyone know a basic idea of how many days QSFB training is?

Basically, I'm looking for a loose schedule of the first few days, since I can't find much on it. Any help appreciated!

Congrats on getting in!!! I'm QSFB as well and my check in is January 18th!! :-) Are you a girl? < odd question I know, I'm trying to meet a roomie before I go down...I figured that would make things easier. also how old are you? Because I'll be 22 when I get down to Orlando, so I'll be living in a Non-Wellness...Sorry I didn't answer any questions, this is my first year. However you've asked the questions I'm wanting to know lol!

The first day is just checking in and getting your role. But to get your role they take you to casting. This step lasts a few hours. First you stand in line to get the sticker with your role. Then you stand in line to go into a room where they tell you some stuff, but I can't for the life of me remember what it is they tell you. Then you go get finger printed (you know, after you stand in line). Then another line to get your training schedule. I think that's it, but it's a lot of lines.

Traditions usually takes place two days after your arrival. they generally let you have the second day off for shopping and settling in. But there are two traditions classes in a day. They choose which one you go to. One is very early in the morning; the other is about mid-afternoon. It lasts about 7 hours, but there is a short break in the middle. Pretty much, if you are in the afternoon traditions you wont be able to do anything else that day. But it is only one day.

Most people had their first day of training the next day. However, it is not training in your location. There are two days before you actually start your job. One is classes online to make sure you know Disney guidelines for guest interaction, food safety, etc. The other is a tour of your park, and they take you to get your costume. These are more days that you have to dress nice. Also, there is a chance this will not be the two days after traditions. I had two days off, which was actually kind of a bummer because I was excited to get started. But real training begins after those days.

The time it takes to earn your ears will depend on the location. I worked Main Street North Food & Beverage, which was three locations. Each location had a lot that went into it, so there was a lot of training. I trained for 17 days before my assessment. I had two roommates that were also QSFB and they trained in about 5 days. So, it can really vary.

Hope all that helped, and good luck on your program! :)

The first day is just checking in and getting your role. But to get your role they take you to casting. This step lasts a few hours. First you stand in line to get the sticker with your role. Then you stand in line to go into a room where they tell you some stuff, but I can't for the life of me remember what it is they tell you. Then you go get finger printed (you know, after you stand in line). Then another line to get your training schedule. I think that's it, but it's a lot of lines.

Traditions usually takes place two days after your arrival. they generally let you have the second day off for shopping and settling in. But there are two traditions classes in a day. They choose which one you go to. One is very early in the morning; the other is about mid-afternoon. It lasts about 7 hours, but there is a short break in the middle. Pretty much, if you are in the afternoon traditions you wont be able to do anything else that day. But it is only one day.

Most people had their first day of training the next day. However, it is not training in your location. There are two days before you actually start your job. One is classes online to make sure you know Disney guidelines for guest interaction, food safety, etc. The other is a tour of your park, and they take you to get your costume. These are more days that you have to dress nice. Also, there is a chance this will not be the two days after traditions. I had two days off, which was actually kind of a bummer because I was excited to get started. But real training begins after those days.

The time it takes to earn your ears will depend on the location. I worked Main Street North Food & Beverage, which was three locations. Each location had a lot that went into it, so there was a lot of training. I trained for 17 days before my assessment. I had two roommates that were also QSFB and they trained in about 5 days. So, it can really vary.

Hope all that helped, and good luck on your program! :)

Thank you! Very informative!

Congrats on getting in!!! I'm QSFB as well and my check in is January 18th!! :-) Are you a girl? < odd question I know, I'm trying to meet a roomie before I go down...I figured that would make things easier. also how old are you? Because I'll be 22 when I get down to Orlando, so I'll be living in a Non-Wellness...Sorry I didn't answer any questions, this is my first year. However you've asked the questions I'm wanting to know lol!

I've already got a few suitemates, but I'm only 20, so it wouldn't have worked anyway =(

Have you tried posting a room mate survey on the facebook group? Or in the acceptees group?

Traditions the class is 4 hours. But if you opt to take the CP buses (which I recmmend) then I can see why it would feel like 7. Disney will get you into your training within 7 days after Traditions. Most will start within the first 3 days following Traditions, but some will have to wait a little longer. It depends on the location you're going to.

Traditions the class is 4 hours. But if you opt to take the CP buses (which I recmmend) then I can see why it would feel like 7. Disney will get you into your training within 7 days after Traditions. Most will start within the first 3 days following Traditions, but some will have to wait a little longer. It depends on the location you're going to.

Oh yeah, I think the whole process from getting to the bus stop until getting back to the apartment was around 7, but not the class. You're right.

Hey all! I got accepted for QSFB yesterday and I just had a few questions for former CPs or any of you lot who have more knowledge on how the program works than I do.

First off, I'm Spring Advantage and checking in on the 18th. Besides checking in, getting my role and housing assignments and all that stuff, is there anything else that happens that first day you're down there? Or do they leave you on your own to get settled and everything?

Next question: When is Traditions and how long does it last? Is it the next day? That night? Or is it spread out over a few days? Reason I ask is because I'm debating on how many business casual outfits I should bring.

Last thing: How many days after checking in do you start training? And does anyone know a basic idea of how many days QSFB training is?

Basically, I'm looking for a loose schedule of the first few days, since I can't find much on it. Any help appreciated!

On check-in day, you're taken to the Welcome Center at Vista Way and fill out some paperwork. Then you get your housing assignment. I don't know much about this since only one of your roommates (if you know who you want to live with) has to handle this and since I'm living with a CP alum, she took care of it. But from what I understand, they ask you which complex/apartment size you prefer and they see what's available and give you an apartment complex/apartment number and then you get your keys. You get ID photos taken and if you need them, decals for cars so you can park at the complex. Then you get on the bus to Casting where you turn in all your On-boarding paperwork but right when you walk in is when you get your work location. You're at Casting for an hour and a half/two hours or so and after that you are able to go move in to your apartment, however there is also a two hour Housing Meeting during the day.

The second day is a free day and Traditions is the 3rd day and there are two sessions. One in the morning and one in the early afternoon. I think 8 and 2 are the times? I can't remember. But either way, it's probably about 4-5 hours long. After Traditions though, training schedules are different. However, your first day of training is your park orientation. My roommate in Attractions had hers the day after Traditions but I had 2 days off between Traditions and Park Orientation. This was when we got our costumes for our location and your training schedule. Then usually you have another training session at Disney University. I'm QSFB as well so for me it was Food & Beverage Core Cafe. After this class you start on location training. You do some e-learning the first day but then go to your location and do on the job training. For me, I had 4 day of training before I had my assessment. However my roommate in attractions seemed to have had more days of training before hers so it really depends on the role. So for me, I was officially done with training ("earned my ears") two weeks after my check-in date.

when you get accepted they will send you an email that will let you look at the onboarding website, it has all the info you are looking for in great detail, i just got my email today, so i'm sure you will be getting your soon as well;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter