• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Traditional, Non-Distanced Character Meet and Greets Return to Disney World April 18!

mrsap

DIS Veteran

Disney Character Greetings Returning to U.S. Sites This Spring

It’s been so great to see live entertainment returning to our theme parks, resorts, and cruise ships, and today, I’m thrilled to tell you about another quintessential Disney entertainment experience that’s on the way back.

As early as April 18, we will start reintroducing traditional character greetings at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts, as well as aboard Disney Cruise Line and at Aulani Resort in Hawaii. That’s right! Very soon, you will once again be able to hug Mickey Mouse, get an autograph from Mulan, and share a laugh with Goofy. We know many of you have missed these special moments, and your Disney character friends have missed you, too!

During the past two years, we’ve taken a very gradual, intentional approach to health and safety protocols. Recent trends and guidance have provided opportunities for us to bring back some of our most beloved magic, like character greetings and dining experiences. While not all locations will be available immediately, we anticipate reopening in phases throughout the spring and early summer.

Waiting to hear specifics of course, but this is wonderful news for my four-year-old, since April 18 will be in the middle of our trip.

This is also great news for visitors in general, because regular meet and greets should definitely attract some traffic away from the other lines.

A week before our trip, not sure how quickly this will be rolled out but hopefully it will draw some of the crowds away from the main rides and slightly balance out some of the LL availability on G+. Happy for those with younger kids that can take advantage of this. My oldest loved these when she was younger.

The cynic in me suspects this is just as much about adding perceived capacity to Genie+ (so now the M&Gs can be bookable experiences) but I'm happy to see it regardless.

I hope they don't remove the impromptu sightings around the parks as well.

I don't have an upcoming trip planned...
but this makes me so happy for all the families that do. Our first WDW vacation with kids was when they were 2 and 5, and I have such fond memories of their interactions with characters. I'm so happy for other families who get to experience this magic again whether it's their first visit, or one of many :)

I'm so excited for this! We leave for our trip on the 25th and now we can hug Mickey in person!

Our last day of our trip is April 18. I was so hoping our meal at Cinderella’s Royal Table would be normal greets since we are going on my daughters birthday and it’s our first chance to dine there. I really don’t understand why they need 3 weeks to implement this. Is it that hard to just start back up? They already have handlers with the characters in place. But I’m still happy they are returning!

We will be traveling to Aulani that week. My DD4 will be thrilled to hear she can hug Duffy. She has been sleeping with her stuffed Duffy since she was old enough to have a stuffed animal. She was always sad when I said she could get a picture but no hug.

This makes me so happy. Our trip is in November and I was really hoping my daughter would get the full experience.

Our last day of our trip is April 18. I was so hoping our meal at Cinderella’s Royal Table would be normal greets since we are going on my daughters birthday and it’s our first chance to dine there. I really don’t understand why they need 3 weeks to implement this. Is it that hard to just start back up? They already have handlers with the characters in place. But I’m still happy they are returning!
MY best guess is schedulling. Maybe they have people in training /casting at the moment. When people start hugging, you can be sure actors will catch covid (or just the common cold) and need a few days to recover. They might need a bigger pool then they currently have.

Do you think this mean character will return at some of the buffet's like Cape May and Crystal palace?
Thanks,
Pam

Do you think this mean character will return at some of the buffet's like Cape May and Crystal palace?
Thanks,
Pam

Quoting the text it states:

“Recent trends and guidance have provided opportunities for us to bring back some of our most beloved magic, like character greetings and dining experiences. While not all locations will be available immediately, we anticipate reopening in phases throughout the spring and early summer.”

That would lead me to believe so. 🙂

Waiting to hear specifics of course, but this is wonderful news for my four-year-old, since April 18 will be in the middle of our trip.

This is also great news for visitors in general, because regular meet and greets should definitely attract some traffic away from the other lines.
It’s in the middle of our trip as well! Of course the day after we have cinderella Royal table reservations but I am excited!

Disney Character Greetings Returning to U.S. Sites This Spring

It’s been so great to see live entertainment returning to our theme parks, resorts, and cruise ships, and today, I’m thrilled to tell you about another quintessential Disney entertainment experience that’s on the way back.

As early as April 18, we will start reintroducing traditional character greetings at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts, as well as aboard Disney Cruise Line and at Aulani Resort in Hawaii. That’s right! Very soon, you will once again be able to hug Mickey Mouse, get an autograph from Mulan, and share a laugh with Goofy. We know many of you have missed these special moments, and your Disney character friends have missed you, too!

During the past two years, we’ve taken a very gradual, intentional approach to health and safety protocols. Recent trends and guidance have provided opportunities for us to bring back some of our most beloved magic, like character greetings and dining experiences. While not all locations will be available immediately, we anticipate reopening in phases throughout the spring and early summer.

I wonder if they’ll reopen ETWB and the Ariel M&G? They need more people-eaters at the parks. Cinderella’s Royal Table returning to normal and Akershus reopening would be nice as well.

So lovely to see this coming back! I saw a lovely video on Instagram which is how I found out it was coming back, Disney sure do know how to make a video with all the good feels because when I saw Mickey opening his arms for a hug I knew exactly what was happening without any words on the video until the end!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter