• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trading with the Jawas

they like shiny things.
Best trade I ever had with a Jawa was during Star Wars weekends.
I offered a disney pin that was gold colored and got back the most awesome thing...
A hidden mickey made out of 3 washers tied togeher with a leather string.
I still have it.

I have found that in Launch Bay they don't always trade. It's hit or miss.

We brought balls and wands that glow when you hit (or bounce) them. They loved them. Danced around with them.
When 2 Jawas are in Launch Bay, we've found only one trades.
We also have seen that they trade the things they get from others, or you get the drone body or head (which is what we always get).
DH brought Rebel Alliance Mickey earrings he made.....they LOVED those.

We traded a bead necklace and a shiny bracelet for a droid part. There were 2 Jawas and only the second one took our trade. Of course, the first one tried to swipe DH's popcorn bucket...:)

They like unusual or clever things too. It is fun trading with them and you don't have to accept the first offer, negotiate if you have something they want. They will trade the droid parts or what they get from other traders (this is the opportunity to get something unique or interesting).

Do you think they would like coke bottle tops from the glass bottles? (The metal kind)

THIS was the only disappointment of our whole week! Do not do what I did and get your 9 year old daughter excited about trading. :-( She brought all sorts of shiny cool things and the one and only Jawa we saw (he was in Launch Bay) would not take anything. She's very sensitive and I swear she nearly cried right in the middle of the crowd of people watching. All the Jawa wanted to do was take people's cameras and cell phones.

THIS was the only disappointment of our whole week! Do not do what I did and get your 9 year old daughter excited about trading. :-( She brought all sorts of shiny cool things and the one and only Jawa we saw (he was in Launch Bay) would not take anything. She's very sensitive and I swear she nearly cried right in the middle of the crowd of people watching. All the Jawa wanted to do was take people's cameras and cell phones.
I've been told this before. I've heard it's hit or miss. I wish they were consistent.

Only one Jawa carries the bag of items, and sometimes the bagless one is out alone. Sometimes they just aren't trading at the moment, but you can always try again later. In fact, some of the best interactions we've seen have been the non trading ones. We walked into the cantina last year and found both Jawas sitting cross legged on the floor playing with a 7 month old baby who was fascinated by their glowing eyes. It was precious.

Only one Jawa carries the bag of items, and sometimes the bagless one is out alone. Sometimes they just aren't trading at the moment, but you can always try again later. In fact, some of the best interactions we've seen have been the non trading ones. We walked into the cantina last year and found both Jawas sitting cross legged on the floor playing with a 7 month old baby who was fascinated by their glowing eyes. It was precious.
ours did have a bag, but he was not trading anything..we watched about 5 kids get rejected.

The first time we tried to trade, there was no interest.
So the flashing balls I got at the dollar store were what we tried the next time.

My kids tried to trade one of those fancy silver coated plastic spoons and a DVD labeled with "Plans to the Death Star" on it, but the Jawa wouldn't trade. The Jawa did want to trade for my Nikon but I wouldn't go for it. I tried to trade my son, but the Jawa said he was too big to be a Jawa. I did enjoy the interaction with them, though.

we got turned away by one but he pointed to another one who took our gold bracelet charms (we bought them ahead of time at a cheap jewelry store). We walked away with 2 droid bodies.

My kids tried to trade one of those fancy silver coated plastic spoons and a DVD labeled with "Plans to the Death Star" on it, but the Jawa wouldn't trade. The Jawa did want to trade for my Nikon but I wouldn't go for it. I tried to trade my son, but the Jawa said he was too big to be a Jawa. I did enjoy the interaction with them, though.
Might have been because they already had the Death Star plans lol...I gave them to them last years (same thing, with the CD). They were very excited.

We happened inside the Jawa area during some desert party. I felt like we should not have been in there, but it was our last day there. I had brought a few things. One of which was a DELL Server faceplate key. It looks alot like a key for a pop machine. Anyway, I gave it to the Jawa and they examined it. They looked around and took off running full sprint to the little cage of droid parts and other odds and ends that has a locked door. They were trying to make the key work. They came back after a bit and made gestures as to what the key opened. I told them what it was and they dug around for a bit in their "other little pouch" and produced a C3PO PEZ dispenser. It was one of the funnest times we had on the whole trip.

IMG_3923.JPG

We've had good luck with our DS trading them plastic replica gold coins. Those usually have resulted in droid bodies. The next time we go DS insists he is going to try to trade them a little die cast, fake gold leaf Big Ben statue. DW travels to London for work and is going to pick him up a couple for trading. They're only a couple of bucks each. When she gave him the one he currently has, he immediately got excited, and stated his intentions to trade it to the Jawas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter