Trading the TS for CS + snack credits?

jrasmom

DIS Veteran
I KNOW I read it somewhere on here the other day that Disney is offering to exchange your TS for CS+2 snack credits OR something else if you choose, since the free dining plan was such a hit.

How do I do that? :confused3

We'd cancel out of Ohana's for breakfast, WCC for lunch and possibly one other for that kind of extra time and food swap. :rotfl:

Do I call and cancel my ADR's and request they give me the exchange now?

Do I wait and do it at check in?

Anyone know? Or know where the original thread referring to this is/was?

I've tried searching AND looking at my computers history but I can't find it.

THANKS!!

Found this at allearsnet.com :rotfl:

"Disney Dining Plan Snack or Merchandise Certificate from August 13 - October 7

As a special offer, Guests who choose to dine in Quick Service locations using their Table Service entitlements will receive a certificate at the Quick Service locations for their choice of one of the following items: two (2) snacks, a collectable Disney Trading Pin and lanyard (pin design may vary), or a "Where the Magic Lives" poster featuring Mickey and his friends. All items are subject to availability.

Guests who choose the two-snack option can redeem the certificate at any Quick Service or Outdoor Foods location or participating Merchandise locations (both snacks must be redeemed at the same time, in the same participating location).

Guests who choose either the pin and lanyard set or Disney poster may redeem the certificate at select Merchandise locations (listed on the certificate)."

So, should I go ahead and cancel my TS's or hold on to them just in case they aren't honoring this deal when we are there? :rolleyes:

I don't know.... didn't sound like it was worth it to me... Does anyone else feel that way???

Ms.Mouse said:
I don't know.... didn't sound like it was worth it to me... Does anyone else feel that way???

We'd rather have MORE time in the parks, exploring and such then having to travel to wherever we have TS (none of ours are in A park except for Sci-Fi) and we'd use those extra snack credits for water, or SNACKS! :rotfl:

It may not really be worth it BUT this is likey to be the only time we get to do this trip so.............we'd rather have less sit down table meals and more fun!

You could always cancel those ressies once you get there and are certain you don't want to use them. You could check when you check in to be certain you wil be able to do the trade off.

I know we just got back, and I was worried about too much time being spent with meals, but it was great downtime to recharge for more fun. I would keep the ressies and see how your feeling when your there. You can cancel if it seems you don't need downtime, but we really enjoyed having time to relax in a nice airconditioned, well themed restaurant.

Ms.Mouse said:

I agree! The food at most TS is so much better than alot of the CS places. Seating in the air conditioning ..letting someone wait on me .. relaxing .. is worth so much!

I plan to take advantage of this also. Last year on free dining we left DW with 3 or 4 TS credits. We will probably convert a couple TS to counter service this trip. We can only stand so many TS meals. My kids get tired of them because they can be time consuming. I would like to know how this conversion takes place also.

To me it sounds like it happens at the CS place. You tell them you are using a TS credit and they give you the certificate.

We just got back for dinsey yesterday and actually had to do this once because on morning we woke up late and was still full for the night before so we cancelled our breakfast reservations. All you do is when you go to the counter you just tell the that your are using a table services. They will ring your meal in and then give you a coupon for every table service you exchanged. We did three, the coupon is good for 2 snacks each and any place that offers a snack or a certain resorts for the mechandise. Just make sure you keep your receipe attached to the coupon or it will null and void the coupon. We used our as snacks (6 in total). I agree you are not getting your money's worth doing it this way, however its better than losing out all together.

I wonder if they are doing it because ADR's are getting more difficult to secure, and instead of people feeling like they are short changed...WDW is providing a little extra value to even out the cost. :confused3

Now the question for us TS loving people is this: Can you swap a CS and two snack credits for a TS credit?

Mickey1122 said:
Now the question for us TS loving people is this: Can you swap a CS and two snack credits for a TS credit?

:thumbsup2 When you can do this, sign me up for the dining plan! :goodvibes

Hmm, we will have a few TS credits left over, so I guess I could always convert those to be used at the booths for the F&W that take snack credits, or/and for the pin/lanyards for souvies for the kids. Hmmm

jrasmom: As long as you'll be at WDW using the Dining Plan during the current free promotion, yes, they will still be allowing the 'swap' option when you're there

Ms.Mouse: Well, no, it's not the best use of credits - but as we can see from some of the posts just in this thread, some Guests prefer counter service meals and more park-touring time.

canwegosoon: Yes, Disney is offering this temporary option because, apparently, many Guests who booked the Free Dining Promotion were not aware that they'd need to make dining reservations in advance, and now many are finding themselves unable to get seated at Table Service restaurants on a walk-in basis. IMO, flexibility would allow more people TS meals (instead of expecting to eat at a certain restaurant, opt for a certain time or time range and see what restaurants have tables available then) but Disney has made several adjustments to accommodate as many Guests as possible without overtaxing the restaurants.
In addition to the CS for TS credit swap, some restaurants are opening earlier for dinner, and some that don't ordinarily serve lunch ARE offering that meal for these few weeks.

Mickey1122: If only!

Panna: I don't know, but I don't think we can JUST convert TS credits directly to snack credits - there has to be a TS-to-CS conversion in there first. But wouldn't it be great if we could?

Imagine if you were going (not on free dining) and didn't have a lot of notice to set up ADR's :rolleyes1 . I would not get the dining plan in that case....

Thanks for all the replies here, things were mentioned that we may not have thought of.

But, we have decided that we will wait it out and see how it goes, if we're hungry enough (with 2 picky finicky kids NOT hungry)we all are etc. before deciding.

We're perfectly happy with CS and like someone else said above, our kids would be ready to go, go, go and not do as many TS most likely but we'll see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter