Trading Spouses - Tuesday night show

Linda Talbot

Mouseketeer
Good morning. I watched the first hour of Trading Spouses, dads, and half way through the second hour, I FELL ASLEEP. Did anybody else watch the show, and if you did, what happened? I know the New York attorney was getting pretty aggravated at the kids and the Georgia shy guy was becoming overwhelmed by the wife. And how did they decided to spend the $50,000? Anybody have the answer. Thanks...............

I watched it last night (Tivo'd from Tuesday night) you can read a full recap here:
http://www.fox.com/tradingspouses/home.htm

and click on "recaps"

It was QUITE interesting to say the least...but I do have to say...those two little boys, Hudson and Cole Cooke - well, I can't BELEIVE how ill behaved they were!

I had no idea Cole was only 5 (he looked so much older) but the whiney/screaming/crying just got the better of me. And don't even get me started on their mother, Brandi.

Just to give you a quick rundown on how the 50k was spent:

Justin (The Lawyer from NYC) decides that the Cooke family will spend:

$7,200 for one year of schooling for the boys
$2,800 to pay off debt
$25,000 to buy their house
$15,000 to remodel their house.

Jay decides that the Levine family will spend:

$10,000 on a personal trainer to bring the family together
$10,000 for Justin and Beverly to go to cooking school to bring husband and wife together
$30,000 for the Beach House to bring the whole family together ___

hehehe...let's just say...Beverly, the NYC mom, was NOT happy about Jay's decision and was already yelling at her husband "fix this now, it's not right, I wanna talk to a lawyer now!" (uh - isn't her husband a lawyer? heheh)

Well I cant remeber how all the money spent but then NY lawyer had that family spend $25,000 on paying off the house, $15,000 to remodel, $2800 to pay off debts (dont remember the rest)
The country guy had the NY family spend $10,000 on cooking classes for the dh and dw, and some big amount like $20,000 to $25,000 for their beach house........that wife was mad!! lol

Yea, the NYC lawyer split up the money for education for the kids and a addition of Ga. house including a nother bathroom and bedroom. The rest of the money was to pay off their house. NOW, if you remember the lawyer and his wife had plans of their own for their end of the $$. They needed it to pay off their son's Bar Mitspha(Sp?), The Ga. guy had other plans for it. He decided that 10,000 of it has to go for cooking lessons for the lawyer and his wife and 10,000 has to go to some type of counsiling for the family to learn how to spend time together. I forget what the rest went to. But the lawyers wife was MAD, she wanted the cash for the big party they were throwing for her son. She was even heard saying that the decision wasn't right and maybe its time to speak to a lawyer about this, she even asked that the cameras be turned off. I've only seen the show 2 times and I like it.

Did you hear her when she said that was how they were going to use that money to pay for the BahMitza?

You should never count your chickens before they hatch. LOL

I loved their little girls reaction tho. "If that's how he wants us to spend it than thats what we should do." or something like that. A pretty mature answer compared to the parents. Apparently she saw what Jay was trying to accomplish!

Hated Brandy and those kids. I wanted to fly to Georgia and slap them myself!!!!

Originally posted by phorsenuf
Did you hear her when she said that was how they were going to use that money to pay for the BahMitza?

You should never count your chickens before they hatch. LOL

FYI - Bar Mitzvah.

:)

ITA agree though...she even said a Bar Mitzvah is just as $$$ as a wedding...and in NYC, that's NOT cheap. From the looks of it...they honestly didn't seem too hard up for cash...but that's JMO.

ETA

Jay was so sweet with Molly...I wonder if he'll ask Brandi if they want to try for a girl

Originally posted by stinkerbelle

Jay was so sweet with Molly...I wonder if he'll ask Brandi if they want to try for a girl [/B]

Would you want to subject a baby to those boys????

I watched this show because the remote was broken. 10 minutes into this I was hooked. Brandi needs schooling along with those 2 boys! She was pathetic. Did not even tell her hubby goodbye with any type of emotion! And the poor lawyer should have given those two boys a good ol country whoopin! I was impressed with the fact that the NY family went out of their way (somewhat) to show their guest a lot of their city, be proud of your city. I was almost moved to tears when the Ga guy left NY and the way the family, especially the boy, showed their true emotions. However, all the admiration for the NY Mom went out the window when she found out the money was not going to go toward the Bar Mitzvah! I don't think they were hurting for money but sometimes people live beyond their means. Ga guy was right on the money when he said they (NY family) needed more family time. Kudos for the lawyer also and I hope school meant obedience school for those two heathens. In the end, I don't think Brandi will change even if her house does. :(

Those boys would have driven me crazy, they dont listen at all. And the mom was like "oh I wish they'd act better" but never said a word to them.
And its not just a case of "boys will be boys" either.

Originally posted by BabyTigger99
Would you want to subject a baby to those boys????

oye! what was I thinking! :crazy:

Hudson (the 10 year old devil child) would probably string it up and drag it behind him on his bike!

Oh - and really...Brandi couldn't get off her duff to kiss her husband goodbye? That was just horrid!

I also had to laugh as at the start of the show Jay said that his wife did all the disciplining??????:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Those two boys were outrageous!!!:mad: :mad:

And when Jay returned home not one family member got up and gave hm a hug?:(

Weird family!:D

I only saw the last few minutes. The country family came off very badly and the city family came off pretty well. The country family just sat on the couch and looked at the dad when he came home (very weird???), whereas the city family made signs and hugged, etc. I also thought the city dad made really reasonable $$ choices, but the country dad's seemed really off the wall (remember I didn't see the rest of the show).

I thought Jay, was great and at times I felt sorry for him. He seems to be a nice guy and unfortunatley has high energy,fresh kids with an emotionless wife. She should have showed alittle more enthusiasm when she went out to dinner with the lawyer, and geez, it would have been nice to greet her husband when he came home. The Levines were imho, very hospitable and the kids were just sooo nice to jay. As for the wife, well, if she can afford to go out to the Tavern of the Green for dinner and consider is so,so, have the beach house, wear the shoes she mentioned, then its a damn shame if she needed that money for the boys party. Also, from what I saw, it looked like they lived on the upper east side in manhattan. No petty change there. The rents or mtg. for a place like that can be more money then some people make in a year and then some. I also think that the lawyer did a pretty good job in deciding how Jay and his family should spend the money. However, I don't think that Jay did such a great job with the money for the Levines.

Originally posted by dg39
As for the wife, well, if she can afford to go out to the Tavern of the Green for dinner and consider is so,so, have the beach house, wear the shoes she mentioned, then its a damn shame if she needed that money for the boys party.

whoa whoa whoa

c'mon - she called Manolo Blahniks "Manolo Blancos"!!

ANYONE who has watched Sex in the City knows how to pronounce the name of those shoes!

And honestly - WHY would holding one of her shoes make Molly feel better when her tooth was yanked out? Made NO sense to me!

Originally posted by stinkerbelle
And honestly - WHY would holding one of her shoes make Molly feel better when her tooth was yanked out? Made NO sense to me!

Augh!! I was just thinking that same thing!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter