Trading out question...

Debbie Jean

DIS Veteran
I am intersted in going to England next year and noticed Club Sunterra's Carlton Court in London. Has anyone been there? How difficult would it be to do a trade in January?

TIA

I'll not wade into the never-ending argument about whether trading out is good policy. But if this is what you want to do and you're looking for this coming January, you'd better get your request in ASAP. Trades are never a sure thing, and can be very difficult to land in less than 12 months.

We trade out almost every year - Hawaii last year, Atlantis this year. I also have a co-worker who has traded out for Italy, England, Turkey and is currently somewhere in South America. Whether or not it is a good idea, I think it is an opportunity to go somewhere I would not otherwise go.

The key, I think, is be early and be flexible. For Hawaii, we were a little late and didn't get everything we wanted - we ended up actually paying money for hotels in a couple of our stops! But what we got was great.

Work with your rep - they are good.

Thanks for your helpful responses! :flower3:

I teach at a university :teacher: and I am between semesters in January, so the timing is important. Part of my quandry has been whether to use the points or rent something for the week. I'll call Monday to see about availability since if there is none, the question is answered ;)

It's wonderful to hear about the places people have been able to trade. :goodvibes I'm hoping that in the future my schedule will be more flexible so I can really take advantage of that DVC feature :teeth:

In the meantime, I'll post over on the UK DVC board and see whether anyone there has info on Carlton Court... great suggestion, BillPA! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter