Trader Sam's

PrincessAurora

<font color=blue>Hmpphh! Who needs that boy in gre
Well Mousekateers - I am off to check out Trader Sams at the Disneyland Hotel and get my tiki on tomorrow night around 9pm. I feel I need a bit of a local treat before heading to The World in March.

I hear it's small. I'm looking for feedback from people who have been. What type of crowd/wait on a Friday night around 9pm? What should I order as far as drinks? Are there any snacks that are worth the dough? Any other tidbits I should know before I pack up my lime green mouse head paint chip with my alias on it?

I've never been on a Friday night, but there is usually a good amount of people regardless of the day/time, and people come in and out all the time. The "skippers" are pretty good at getting your drink order in a timely manner.

My favorite drink is the Piranha Pool - it's like an alcoholic slushie, so beware! The Red Nose Zebra, I think it is called, is really good as well. Food wise, the lettuce wraps are alright; I really like the bbq chicken/beef flatbread.

No idea about the wait late on a Friday night either, but it is small-ish. Over the summer, would pop in after workd and the place was never so crowded that I couldn't get a seat. I'm also a fan of the Pirahna Pool, but the Hippoppotomaitai (sp?) is pretty great too. If you want to see special effects in the bar, order a Shipwreck or an Uh-Oah. The platter is decent and is fine for 2-3 people. You can also order food at the restaurant and have it brought over to the bar.

When we were at DL two weeks ago we made this a stop. It was relatively slow at the parks in general, but there was still a decent number of people inside. Fun place to spend 45-60 minutes, but the gags get old and a bit annoying after a while. Worth checking out though, for sure. Have 1-2 drinks and then move on, is my advice.

I plan on visiting Trader Sam's next week. I can't wait to check it out and have one of their famous drinks.

They have food???? :drinking1

Kidding.

My favorites are the pork "wings", the fried green beans and the lettuce wraps.

All washed down with a Lost Safari.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter