Trader Sams-is it open?

KarenB

<font color=green>Goes to the mall and sniffs Yank
DH and I will be heading to WDW in a few days for a quick visit. We are "scheduled" to arrive at MCO around 8:30pm and will take magical express to Bay Lake Tower. After we check in, we would love to have a drink and possibly a snack at Trader Sams. I have read the date of late March for a soft opening, but does that mean we can get in? I am guessing the resort monorail is the quickest way to get there, or would it be walking?

Anyone have any recent experience with late night at Trader Sams?

Yes, Trader Sam's is now open. From BLT you'll have to take the resort monorail to get to the Poly. Its not possible to walk there. Have fun!

Yes, Trader Sam's is now open. From BLT you'll have to take the resort monorail to get to the Poly. Its not possible to walk there. Have fun!

Thanks! It will be a fun trip!

Karen please be aware this place has been slammed with reports of people waiting 2 hours or more to get into the club. Of course this varies by day & time, but you may be arriving around 10:30-11:00pm and they may be at capacity till closing. :earsboy:

I just don't understand why they don't open until 4 pm. We were over at the Poly and would've had a cocktail and appetizer lunch at Trader Sams if they had been open.

I just don't understand why they don't open until 4 pm. We were over at the Poly and would've had a cocktail and appetizer lunch at Trader Sams if they had been open.

Good question! Surely a bean counter will discover this and query: "You're at capacity from open to close, why on earth don't you open earlier???" And we'll all live happily ever after. ;)

Karen please be aware this place has been slammed with reports of people waiting 2 hours or more to get into the club. Of course this varies by day & time, but you may be arriving around 10:30-11:00pm and they may be at capacity till closing. :earsboy:

Thanks for the heads up! If we found it that busy we would pass and just head back to Bay Lake Tower (maybe get a beverage to go in the store and enjoy it on the balcony of our room :) ). We went to the Trader Sams in Disneyland and wanted to give this one try. However, you never know about the crowds anymore!

Karen there's always the Tambu Lounge at the Poly. Not sure how late they serve there, but I'll bet Trader Sam's has siphoned off quite a bit of their customer base. :earsboy:

Karen please be aware this place has been slammed with reports of people waiting 2 hours or more to get into the club . . .

1) Frequently, the podium will tell you the wait is 3+ Hours.
2) But, usually only 2-2½ hrs.
3) And, they do not have enough buzzers for everyone, to let you roam around while waiting.
4) You need to stay in the area.

I hope the hoopla dies down some by our hopefully next trip, about a year from now. It looks amazing from the videos.

Can someone clue me in on why the waits are so long? There must be something amazing if people are willing to wait a couple of hours for a drink.

Is it packed generally from open to close? I would love to do a visit around 4ish when the kiddies are welcome inside on our resort day.

It is a very small venue with less than 30 - 40 places to sit inside. I was there 2 weeks ago around 530 on a Tuesday and I sat with strangers to get a seat. They didn't mind by the way. Apparently there is seating outside but I didn't see it.

Is it packed generally from open to close? I would love to do a visit around 4ish when the kiddies are welcome inside on our resort day.

1) We wish you good luck at that hour.
2) There are lots of folks who want the same time, and for the same KIDS reason.
3) Expect SUPER LONG wait times.

for those without kids, are there any recommendations about what time/day to go? I've heard that avoiding weekends is a good idea--any other tips? I don't want to go badly enough that I'm willing to wait 2 hours, but if there's a time we might find a reasonable wait I would really like to see the bar. We're headed down next week though--maybe it's something to leave for a later trip?

We also have no kids - just myself and my husband. We get in May 14th around 8:30 pm. Does anyone know how late they are open? We may swing by once we land and get unpacked. I'm not waiting 2 hours for a drink, though, so if anyone has any insight on the crowds around 9:30 pm, please chime in! Thanks y'all

. . . any insight on the crowds around 9:30 pm, please chime in! Thanks y'all

1) That is a prime time for long waits.
. . . people coming back from the parks looking for drinks
. . . people wanting drinks before bedtime
. . . since it is so small, it doesn't take many to fill it to capacity
2) After opening, due to newness and popularity, it gets jammed quickly.

We went the day it opened and it was a good 4 hour wait to get in. Went last Wednesday late night (11ish) and I went right in and set down at the bar by myself with no wait at all.

It's been packed every other time I have gone back over the passed few days as well. Just sat around outside for a bit or wondered around the Polly and checked back in for an open seat outside or at the bar.

It's new, it will be packed for the foreseeable future. Another tip and FYI you may or may not know. After 8:00 pm, it is 21 and over only. No kids after 8:00 pm.

There is outside seating, it's called the Trader Sam's Tiki Terrace. Much more seating out here.

11188366_1087331134626755_7551316020463510448_n.jpg

We went on Sunday, 4/12. Got there at around 3:30, received our pager and sat in the Terrace area and ordered drinks. Our pager went off right at 4:15!! I guess we caught it on a good day/time!

1) Frequently, the podium will tell you the wait is 3+ Hours.
2) But, usually only 2-2½ hrs.
3) And, they do not have enough buzzers for everyone, to let you roam around while waiting.
4) You need to stay in the area.

Given all the things to do at WDW, 2-2.5 hours is a helluva long wait. They should get out of the buzzer business and setup a text for when they have a spot for you. Then you have 15 minutes to show up, or go back to the end of the line. If Disney is removing benches because "people sitting aren't spending money" it would seem the same principle would apply to folks in line for 2.5 hours waiting to get a drink. :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter