Trader Joe's

wvjules

DIS Veteran
Tell me about it! We have one less than a mile from where we now live. I haven't been yet, but maybe I"ll go sometime this week. What is good to get there and what is not?

I absolutely adore Trader Joe's.

Some of the things I routinely buy there include:
Roasted Baby Beets (vacuum packed in the produce aisle)
Pulled Pork
Curried Chicken Salad
Kalamata Hummus
Cheese (great variety, great prices) - always have the crumbled blue cheese and a container of pub cheese in my fridge
California Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Balsamic Vinegar
Balsamic Glaze
Mango Chutney
Canned Fat Free Refried Beans
Frozen Naan
Frozen Paneer Tikka Masala
Frozen Roasted Corn Kernels (great for tossing into a salad)
Frozen Macaron Variety (coconut, salted caramel, fig, apricot, pistachio & lemon)
Frozen Key Lime Pie
Frozen Berry Blend
Nuts, particularly the Dry Toasted Unsalted Sliced Almonds
Handmade Flour Tortillas
English Crumpets
Kerrygold Butter
Dark Chocolate Covered Candied Ginger

There's probably more, but this is what I can think of off the top of my head.

One not too far from us. They have cleaned frozen shrimp from Argentina for only $10 lb. very good price

Love their French roast K cups :) 4.99 for 12 which is a great deal compared to 10-13.00 a box of Starbucks or another brand!

Love Trader Joe's. Lots of great products, good quality and reasonable prices, often beating the major supermarkets. I'll always try any of their house brand items and have rarely been disappointed. Some favorites are the dried fruits and nuts, fruit juices, olive oil and other oils, different sauces, salsas, dry cereals, and just about anything in the frozen aisle including bagged veggies, pizza, mac and cheese, gnocchi, pot stickers, salmon and other fish, and many yummy desserts. Oh and chocolate cat cookies.

Cat cookies are awesome and their lemonade is my favorite. I also get Teva Tea there, but now other stores carry it too.

They have Manuka honey that costs half price compared to everywhere else. A really nice California olive oil for a great price. We also buy all nuts and dried fruits for trail mix there. I go once a month to supplement my shopping.

In the frozen section - linguine w/ roasted grape tomatoes and pesto - yum!!!!! Sometimes I have it by itself for supper. :D

Love their nonfat Greek yogurt. I buy all my dog's treats there. And frozen fruit. Love their laundry detergent. To be honest, there's not much I don't like. Their prices are as good or better than any other store's and it's not nearly as big and crowded (at least mine).

One opened near us but they didn't make allowance for enough parking. After three attempted visits, driving around in circles looking for a parking place, I gave up. It's back to Publix for me.

Cookie Butter!

Ok, I'm not a huge fan, but DD is. She thinks it's heaven in a jar.

I love lots of stuff there, but I go mostly because there's so many vegan options and they are all labeled as such. Makes shopping much easier.

But one thing I do NOT like about TJ's is you can get totally hooked on a product and then it's suddenly discontinued. Gone. Just gone!!! The tofu edamame nuggets were an addiction of mine. Adored them. And then BAM! Gone. When they came back months and months later, they just weren't the same. I talked to the TJ people about it and they said they had to find another supplier. They have very high standards.

But still, they weren't the same. And then I later went vegan (and sadly, they weren't) so now I just have to cherish the memories. :rolleyes:

Now that they have one open nearer to me, we go at least every 2 weeks. I get my precut fruit there, we use their cat food. DH loves the partially popped popcorn they sell. I haven't had anything bad so far. I love TJs and so glad it's in my normal grocery rotation

I wish there was one close to where I live, we are going to check out the new one that just opened in Albany,ny.

The best prices anywhere on:
Organic Yogurt (the big tubs)
string cheese
Organic Milk (and it's not ultra-pasteurized, which is hard to find)
Organic celery
Organic bags of Apples
Organic bags of Potatoes
Raw Almond Butter
Nuts
Mascarpone cheese
Gluten Free/egg free waffles

We also love the sourdough bread, potstickers, tortillas, and my absolute staple- a salt grinder with a hint of garlic in it, awesome on veggies.

They are the BEST! And SO cheap compared to our local Von's. Their breads/baked goods are awesome. I don't eat animal products and their meat-free stuff is really good. Way better than any of the commercial brands.

I have a slight obsession. After moving back to Florida after living in NYC I patiently waited for three long years to experience a Trader Joe's again. It was one of the things I missed most! Most of what I prepare at home is from Trader Joe's. Their items are such high quality... like another poster mentioned, I've rarely been disappointed with a purchase. Even their frozen dinners are incredible! I could talk at length about my favorite items, but I encourage you (or anyone) to browse and grab what catches your eye.

I live in Canada (sadly TJ's is not in Canada) but less than 30 minutes from the US border so I shop down in Washington state (not as often now since our dollar sucks). But when I go I always try to hit up the closest TJ's which is about 20-30 minutes south of the border.

Pizza dough! It's only $1.19/lb and it's awesome. Cookie Butter....oh....my .....lawd.....so good.Cheese, dill havarti. Yum.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter