TRADER JOES -*UPDATED* Save me from *impulse* buying

I very rarely buy prepared foods so I guess I don't buy as much as the rest of you.

The pancake mix sounds good. I will have to look for it next time.

I do buy frozen veggies if I need them when we go.
I also buy the milk if I am in need when we go.
The meatless meatballs are really good.

Prig Khing Green beans.

( I use just one sauce packet, I buy regular green beans and use the leftover sauce packet with them) They are spicy enough for us just using one sauce pack.

We don't have any TJ's in NH yet... only the one near MA border

I don't ever shop there but I think I am going to have to check it out. This is not the first post I have seen about that Orange Chicken (I think this is a freezer item) which I want to try with that brown rice and some vanilla bean cookies... pancake mix, vanilla bean cake mix... pizza dough mmm....

Here are some favorites of ours:

Orange chicken
Pizza sauce
Pizza dough
Frozen brown rice
Frozen chocolate turnovers
Whole bean Kona coffee
Frozen bananas
Pot stickers
Chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich

I went to TJ's for the first time this weekend. It was so crowded, I did not get to look around too much which is a good thing I guess. I bought the Orange Chicken and the orgainc rice. I think we will have that tonight. One thing I did get and LOVE is:

Trader Joe's Chocolate Decadence Cereal. I think it was only $1.99. Oh boy is this stuff good. :cool1:

I appreciate this thread and will be going to TJ's soon. Just one question, how do you prepare your pizza/dough?

Hmm I wonder if some of these items are at Whole Foods. We don't have a TJ's here but we recently got a WF.

I just went during my lunch hour - first I want to say it was a cute store - smaller than I would have thought for a grocery store and they were very nice. I was surprised by the prices, lower than I expected and the nice lady at the check out gave me a free reusable bag when I told her it was my first time! ;)

I got 2 of the orange chicken 4.99ea, buttermilk pancake mix 1.99, fresh number 5 guacamole 3.99, 2 pizza dough (fresh) .99, Fresh 8oz mozzerella 2.99, peeled garlic 2.19, organic fresh basil 2.99, TJ pizza sauce 1.89, Vanilla Creme Joe Joe 2.49 and Chocolate Joe Joe 2.49 and 10 stems daffodils 1.29

The were out of the frozen premade rice, the nice lady said the mfg. has a hard time keeping up with the demand. So I spent under 35 and got a good sampling of items to try. Next time I will look more into the dried fruits & nuts, baking supplies, etc. It was fun!

Little late in posting but thought I'd add my favorites:

Orange chicken
frozen jasmine rice
soy ice cream
pita chips
nuts
granola bars
potato pancakes (in freezer section)
hummus
arugula salad mix
salt & vinegar chips
popcorn

I know there's more but this is what I remember off the top of my head. And the last time I went to TJ's the $3 Chuck was actually $2.49. When I lived in CA it was $2

Haven't been to TJ's in awhile. Might need to make a trip this weekend.

Count me in as a TJ Lover! I'm also one to never stay on budget when I'm there. There's always something new to try!

Some of our favorites are:

JoJo Cookies - my kids can't stand Oreos now when they have them at their friends' houses! LOL!

Gorgonzola Crackers - oh my! That's all I'll say . . .

Mint Ice cream sandwiches

Dried fruit (cranberries, mango, etc.)

Nuts

Frozen veggies

Apple granola bars

Peanut granola bars

Really everything! I think I could go on and on.

I appreciate this thread and will be going to TJ's soon. Just one question, how do you prepare your pizza/dough?

I'll jump in on this one - some others may do it differently though.

I put it out on a floured board the morning that I'm going to make the pizza. I prefer to work with it at room temp.

then I lightly oil a cookie sheet and spread out the dough thin as possible along the bottom. Top with sauce, cheese and whatever else. Pop in a 400 degree oven till done. Yum and cheap!!! Hope this helps - good luck!

HI!! I'm so glad that others are as obsessed with TJ's as I am! I live in Columbus, and there are TWO here (oh, the luxury!), but they are each about 20-25 minutes away from me... hard to justify when I have a Kroger 1/4 mile from my house.

When I go, I tend to stock up on some staple-type things because I've found they are much cheaper and higher quality than other places...

Chicken broth
Marinara sauce
San Francisco Sourdough Bread (I am completely in love with this bread)
Peppercorns in grinder (can't believe no one mentioned this!?! I buy three or four... I even put them in Christmas stockings!)
Salt in grinder
Spices (if I need them)
$3 buck Chuck - the chardonnay is my fave
Fontinella cheese
Blue Cheese
Parm cheese (in a hunk)
Dish soap
Orange chicken
Frozen veggies
Cubes frozen garlic or basil

And --- thanks to whoever posted the tip on the Vanilla Bean cake! I'm now going to go this weekend and that will absolutely be on the list!

To all of you who love Trader Joe's (as I do) - a Request

Trader Joe's HAD a great Key Lime Pie but they discontinued it. Why, I don't know - but if people from all parts of the country start requesting it, they could bring it back. It was great. Please request it on your next Trader Joe's visits. Thank you.

Our staples are:
fat free spicy black bean dip (excellent with cut up red pepper slices)
honey whole wheat pretzel sticks
roasted red pepper hummus
peppermint jojo cheesecake (available at the holidays)
choc. covered orange sticks
brie
laughing cow light cheese (best price I've seen on it except at Costco)
Hansens's sodas
chicken broth

This makes it look like all we do is snack and eat dessert-I do my regular shopping at the grocery store but love to supplement at Trader Joe's. Oh, and can't forget my favorite salad-all from TJ's:
baby spinach
dried cranberries
blue cheese
candied pecans
raspberry dressing.
Delicious!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter