Track for Irene is shifting

so you think that the people onboard now will be getting extra days on ship? like it won't come back to port til sunday? i'm so glad we are doing b2b and hoping we have at least half a nice cruise!! ugh! go away irene!!!

With the lastest update I just saw and the prediction of cat 4 on Thursday I think maybe those on board now will be getting extra time.

I would not take the chance of crossing the path that late.

Extra days on board?! What wonderful pixiedust for those on board but horrible for those waiting to start their vacations. Hopefully everything will be okay. From what I hear about Disney, they will make the best out of every situation. Crossing my fingers for CC.

Extra days on board?! What wonderful pixiedust for those on board but horrible for those waiting to start their vacations. Hopefully everything will be okay. From what I hear about Disney, they will make the best out of every situation. Crossing my fingers for CC.

I wouldn't necessarily say pixiedust for those on board, think of everyone who has flights booked with no trip interruption insurance. Extra days don't always mean a good thing.

Anyway, for those saying the current cruise wont be back in time, that's pure speculation. Disney will be doing everything in it's power to get into port on time, even if it's not Canaveral. I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

They may need to airlift/drop extra sea sick meds for the guests if they are coming back to port Canaveral in the Gulf Stream combined with Irene.

I wouldn't necessarily say pixiedust for those on board, think of everyone who has flights booked with no trip interruption insurance. Extra days don't always mean a good thing.

Anyway, for those saying the current cruise wont be back in time, that's pure speculation. Disney will be doing everything in it's power to get into port on time, even if it's not Canaveral. I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

Oh my, I didn't think of that. Guess that is why I get trip insurance - so I don't have to!

Weeeell...I'm guessing we won't be seeing CC after all. If a cat 4 hits it'll take some time to put the pieces back together again...if they can find the pieces....

We visited CC several years ago a few weeks after it had been hit by a pretty strong hurricane. DCL sure was making the best of it! They had a great billboard greeting us as we got off the ship, talking about storm damage and repair (with plenty of happy Disney characters on the billboard), putting it all in a humorous light. Yes, the island was a mess, but the staff had a great attitude, all the services were available, and we all had a great time.

We're cruising in 3 weeks, and I suspect there will be plenty of visible damage on CC (if we even get to go there, docking is another consideration if the storm messes with the pier area), but I have no doubt DCL will again be making it a day of fun despite the damage from Irene.

Anyone have a picture of that storm repair billboard from CC? It was kind of cute.

We visited CC several years ago a few weeks after it had been hit by a pretty strong hurricane. DCL sure was making the best of it! They had a great billboard greeting us as we got off the ship, talking about storm damage and repair (with plenty of happy Disney characters on the billboard), putting it all in a humorous light. Yes, the island was a mess, but the staff had a great attitude, all the services were available, and we all had a great time.

We're cruising in 3 weeks, and I suspect there will be plenty of visible damage on CC (if we even get to go there, docking is another consideration if the storm messes with the pier area), but I have no doubt DCL will again be making it a day of fun despite the damage from Irene.

Anyone have a picture of that storm repair billboard from CC? It was kind of cute.

I'm on the 9/4 cruise (my first Disney cruise) and I knew this was a risk when choosing to sail in hurricane season. Here's hoping for some fun still!

They just upgraded her strength. Slated to be a Cat4 over Castaway. :-(

Cruise Critic says that Irene should hit Castaway Cay at 0900 on Thursday with 110 mph winds.

We were extended on Royal Caribbean's Soverign of the Seas by an extra day back in 1998 when Hurricane Georges hit the Bahamas. We did not have trip insurance, but RC took very good care of us, giving us each 30 minutes of free long distance calling and flying in airline representatives to rebook all of our return flights.

Our extra day at sea included LOTS of food and extra entertainment events, including a passenger talent show. Lots of fun!

Weather Channel now predicting Thu @ 2 PM EDT with max winds of 125 / Cat 3. CC is currently dead center of the predicted path. Sending pixie dust to the CMs hoping they got off and that somehow the island is spared and to the folks on board now and scheduled for Thursday. We're hoping CC is ok for our stop on the 9/4 cruise.

I think the next Dream cruise leaves later today... instead of tomorrow..

So... they should be able to get out of port tonight...

Will probably head towards the Key West area - and then wait until the storm passes and see where they go from there...

I think the next Dream cruise leaves later today... instead of tomorrow..

So... they should be able to get out of port tonight...

Will probably head towards the Key West area - and then wait until the storm passes and see where they go from there...

The next Dream cruise is on Thursday, as they are back to the regular 3/4 day cruises. Looks like they are going to miss CC. I hope for the best for all that live and work at CC as it is right in the eyes path.

The next Dream cruise is on Thursday, as they are back to the regular 3/4 day cruises. Looks like they are going to miss CC. I hope for the best for all that live and work at CC as it is right in the eyes path.

I think they would have been at CC yesterday, 4 day is usually Nassau, CC, then a day at sea.

My first Disney cruise was when Jeanne hit. We left PC and were diverted to Cozumel. Took a 3 day to a 4 day. However they didn't announce this til we were clear of the port. I had no issues and enjoyed the diversion but you can imagine the line for phones at guest services. The previous cruises caught in the storms that year wound up in Charleston and Galveston so we were happy to be on the water. We got off in Ft Lauderdale and bussed to PC to gather cars buses etc. We did cruise one time in December and were bussed down to Ft Lauderdale due to a storm directly inline with PC. We never made it to CC the first time and my son will be on my upcoming cruise. I hope we will be able to dock this time :thumbsup2 .

I'm scheduled for that cruise. I guess no CC for me. I hope everyone is ok out there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter