Tracie & Tim Escape 7/26/2013

VFG

Disney Bride
I love reading everyone's planning journals. Well, actually I love seeing all the pictures so I be sure to include pictures.

Our Story
You know when people tell you that love will find you when you are least expecting it? Well that is what happened to me. Both Tim and I are high school teachers but we teach on different floors. That might not seem like a big deal, but at my school you never see anyone on the "other floor."

It was the last day of school in 2011 and I was walking out to my car to head home. Another teacher (who teaches on the other floor with Tim) asked me if I wanted to go to lunch with them. Normally I would have said no. I am a bit shy, but this time I said yes.

At lunch I was seated across from Tim. Tim was working summer school and the summer school coordinator was also at lunch with us. She needed someone to fill in as a sub. I said yes and the rest is history.

We officially were more than friends Oct. 1 2011, we bought a house together and moved in Jan 2012, and low and behold we had a baby Dec 2012. While I am a traditionalist and would have preferred to have been married first, we love our son and couldn't imagine things any other way.

Engagement

I always figured that Tim and I would get married someday but we never talked about it. I was selected to attend a two-week journalism conference during the summer. I really missed him and apparently Tim really missed me too because he told his mom that he wanted to buy a ring. And he decided he wanted to propose at my favorite place—WDW, of course!

After my journalism trip we were going on a Disney Cruise and spending time after at Walt Disney World. It was going to be our “big” trip with just the two of us.

The cruise was wonderful and I never suspected that Tim had an engagement ring in his suitcase. I also never suspected that the night he proposed that he had the ring in the box in his pocket the entire day.

We had already been to WDW for a few days before he proposed. The "magical day" began with us heading to Animal Kingdom, eating dinner at O’hana and finally fireworks at the Magic Kingdom. I love Wishes, but we were both a little sick so I suggested that we didn’t have to see the fireworks that night. Tim protested. We were already in the park and they were my favorite fireworks so we were going to see them.

This was in early August so it was hot and crowded. We made our way to the center of Main Street near the ice cream parlor and the music started to play. Tim put his arm around me, which is pretty romantic for him. Then he started to kiss me. I was a little confused. I thought we were here to watch the fireworks. Then right before the firework hearts burst in the air, Tim confessed his love for me and asked me to marry him. It was magical.

I’ve had relationships before but I never knew until Tim what real love was. We are best friends. We really like each other and get along. He is my “happily ever after,” and I can’t wait to start this next chapter in our lives together.

The engagement picture was taken the day after. Also, don't worry I'm getting to the planning part next.

Or little "Mickey"

IMG_3379

Congratulations and welcome! What a romantic proposal! And your son is so cute. :goodvibes I'm also marrying in July (to a teacher). Looking forward to hearing about your locations and plans!

Congratulatons!! I love your story! I can't wait to read about your plans!

Your little Mickey is adorable!!!!

Brooke

I have lots to update you all on but what do you think of this dress? But in white.
After%20Six%206553-1%201024x768.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter